2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 11:57 AM by Arik RSS

10g BPEL PM JDBC connection fails after database upgrade

Alan3
      I'm testing database upgrades on the database which contains our 10g(10.1.2.3.0) BPEL PM store.
      I just upgraded the database from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.3
      Following the upgrade, the JDBC for 10g BPEL PM is unable to connect to the database.
      The orabpel user is not locked and the password is correct.
      I am able to connect through sqlplus from the BPEL PM server with no issues.
      Other applications are connecting to the database successfully - just not BPEL...
      From the BPEL log -
      13/01/24 10:16:09 java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
      ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
      Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory

The error message is clearly coming from the db server listener (the BPEL PM is running on a 32-bit stack, not 64)
      This looks just like a data source config problem, but the port, SID, and service-name has not changed...
      Anyone have any ideas here?
        • 1. Re: 10g BPEL PM JDBC connection fails after database upgrade
          Arik
          Hi Alan,

Did you verify that the SID is correct(case sensitive maybe)?
          Also, if it's a new DB, verify that the host exists in your hosts file.

Arik
          • 2. Re: 10g BPEL PM JDBC connection fails after database upgrade
            Alan3
            I found the issue... it was actually a couple of things...
            One, following the upgrade, the old listener was still running - I didn't catch that...
            After fixing that, I started getting a different error -
            'Listener does not currently know of service requested in the connect descriptor'

So - I checked, and following the upgrade, the service name in the new listener includes the full domain name...
            I updated the JDBC connector with the exact service name given by the listener and VIOLA!

Thanks for the reply - it kept me pointed in the right direction...