1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 4:01 PM by JohnGoodwin RSS

Essbase OLAP error

hyperion start
      Hi Gurus,
      I have installed HSS, Essbase, et all.
      When I log into HSS, and go to Application group -> Essbase Cluster1 and choose one of the essbase cubes, i get this message...

EPMLCM-34040:Cannot connect to olap service. cannot connect to essbase server. error: essbase error(1051012): user native://dn=cn=911,ou=people,dc=hyperion,dc=com?USER does not exist

When I log on to EAS -> Enterprise view ->Essbase Server and click Essbase cluster1, i have the same error:

Error: 1051012: User native://DN=cn=911,ou=People,dc=css,dc=hyperion,dc=com?USER does not exist

What could be the problem.

The account i am signing on to EAS and HSS is an admin account called ADMIN.
        • 1. Re: Essbase OLAP error
          JohnGoodwin
          Can you log into the essbase server using Maxl, is there any errors in the essbase logs
          Which http server are you using? how are you accessing Shared Services url/port

Cheers

John
          http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
          • 2. Re: Essbase OLAP error
            hyperion start
            Hi John,
            I can log in with MAXL "LOGIN ADMIN PASSWORD" but if I try to log in with "LOGIN ADMIN PASSWORD ON LOCALHOST" it does not let me in. Isn't it strange. In terms of accessing Shared Services, I am using servername:28080/interop
            Any suggestion to fix it would be great.
            Thanks
            • 3. Re: Essbase OLAP error
              Are you sure that your essbase server is registered with the shared services, launching the EAS using the EAS console url
              http://yourserver:10080/easconsole/console.html
              and check now if you can login
              • 4. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                hyperion start
                I can log in with the url servername:10080 however, when i click EssbaseCluster1 under EssbaseServer, i get the message
                Error: 1051012: User native://DN=cn=911,ou=People,dc=css,dc=hyperion,dc=com?USER does not exist
                So, I am not sure what has gone wrong.
                Thanks for you input.
                • 5. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                  JohnGoodwin
                  Are you able to create a new user in Shared Services which is provisioned as an administrator, if so try logging in with that user.

Cheers

John
                  • 6. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                    hyperion start
                    Thanks John,
                    I am thinking about doing a clean uninstallation of the EPM, and make sure everything is configured correctly. That might be a better idea.
                    I am looking at the uninstallation document, it says that we need to delete the epm_oracle_home and hyperion_home. Do i need to do it on both servers (one with hss,planning and the one with essbase?)
                    And may be i can delete the folders after uninstalling right?

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                      JohnGoodwin
                      If you have problems uninstalling then the following doc in Oracle Support may be useful "Perform a Clean Uninstall of EPM 11.1.2 on Microsoft Windows [ID 1140553.1]"
                      You would do it on all the servers you have installed EPM on, you can delete any EPM related folders that are left

Cheers

John
                      • 8. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                        hyperion start
                        Hi John,
                        The doc is very helpful, and I have successfully uninstalled the EPM from the server where I had installed Essbase, but I have not been able to uninstall EPM from the server where I have HSS, Planning, Reporting installed. I go on with the UNINSTALLATION process, and you know on the Uninstallation screen, I check all the products and click next. I see the UNINSTALLATION screen where it says
                        Initializing
                        Uninstalling foundation - shared services
                        Done uninstalling foundation services
                        and then there is that BLUE RIBBON moving at the bottom of the screen.
                        However, it never finishes.
                        Its been two hours almost that I have left it and it is still doing the same. Is there any way I can uninstall differently or does it take a long time for it to uninstall?
                        Your suggestion would be of great help.
                        Thanks
                        • 9. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                          hyperion start
                          Hi John,
                          During the uninstallation process of EPM, I can see the UNINSTALLATION screen but it does not complete. It does not get me to the FINISH tab. Does it mean EPM has not uninstalled. You have mentioned CLEAN installation. Can I just delete the folders that are mentioned on the document. Does it uninstall EPM if I do it this way.
                          Thanks
                          • 10. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                            JohnGoodwin
                            If you want to manually delete then yes delete the <MIDDLEWARE_HOME> folder and then follow all the instructions in the document I provided.

Cheers

John
                            • 11. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                              hyperion start
                              Thank you very much John,
                              I really appreciate it.
                              • 12. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                                hyperion start
                                Hi John,
                                when you mean DELETE MIDDLEWARE_HOME, do I need to delete the MIDDLEWARE folder under Oracle folder or the EPMSYSTEM11R1 folder, the latter is the Hyperion_HOME right?
                                So, just delete the MIDDLEWARE folder? right.
                                Thanks
                                • 13. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                                  JohnGoodwin
                                  After you have followed all the steps in the Oracle support doc then delete the middleware folder

Cheers

John
                                  • 14. Re: Essbase OLAP error
                                    hyperion start
                                    Thanks John, I am following exactly what you have mentioned as I believe I made a mistake the first time around which is creating this problem.

I will be reinstalling EPM. Distributed Environment.
                                    HSS, Planning, ReportingAnalysis (fin reporting, web analysis ), Essbase Client on ServerA and
                                    Essbase on ServerB.

Do I need to Install/configure Essbase Server on ServerA? I dont think we need to right. All I think I need is Essbase Provider Services (Deploy to Application Server) and Essbase Admin Services (deploy to application server/configure database).

And in ServerB, I need to install Essbase + Foundation services right?

I was looking at one of your blogs, and you have CONFIGURED only foundation service first, so may be i need to do the same, configure foundation service, then configure planning, then RA, and then Essbase on ServerA and then go to the ServerB and do Foundation and Essbase Server. What are your thoughts John.

Thanks
                                    1 2 Previous Next