4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 8:29 PM by Nicholas King RSS

Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version

We are currently in 11.1.1.x version and planning to upgrade to 11.1.2.1 or 11.1.2.2.

Just curious to know your experience with 11.1.2.2 and the challenges you have faced. I know its relatively new and if it carries tonnes of bugs?.

Would you rather recommend to go with 11.1.2.1 for now?.

Look forward to the thoughts.
        • 1. Re: Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version
          Nicholas King
          I would go with 11.1.2.2 with the 11.1.2.2.3 patch set and subsequent patches. The release of the patch set stabilizes release. Also, 11.1.2.1, while technically supported will soon be less of a priority for Oracle with regards to patching. If you install 11.1.2.1 and face issues you will have to convince Oracle to backport patches, which may or may not happen. While no version is perfect, it is better to install the latest version because in between versions hundreds of issues are addressed. The rest is up to thorough testing of any new release to ensure it meets your specific needs.

Nick
          • 2. Re: Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version
            Thanks for the input, Nick.

Whats your take from a functionality perspective?. I know for HFM we have unlimited custom dimensions. Other than that any other significant features?.
            • 3. Re: Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version
              alexsluyter
              Nick,

are you running 11.1.2.2 ? I would be interested in hearing from someone who actually runs 11.1.2.2.x that it now is reliable ?
              (we are running 11.1.2.1.104 and are very happy that it is mature at this release)

regards
              alex
              • 4. Re: Hyperion 11.1.2.2 version
                Nicholas King
                Unfortunately, I am unable to provide details. If you are on a stable version it might make sense to stick with this. However, if you are considering a new version I would go with 11.1.2.2. I am curious what does everyone else think?