This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 8:11 AM by Cesare Rotundo RSS

Invitation Message included in email but does not display new lines

Cesare Rotundo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
When inviting to join a Beehiveonline workspace I use the Invitation Message to guide new users thru new content. This is necessary since new users don't even see the workspace unless they go and change All My Workspaces, as well as for pointing them to the right place in the workspace. However, the text becomes a single blob, no new line / carriage returns:

Group Purpose:Welcome to the Process Accelerators Workspace! Once you access https://beehiveonline.oracle.com/teamcollab/ with your account*, please make sure you access the Process Accelerators content under Workspaces, All My Workspaces. Please access the content in the Library Documents space, where you will find installation content and documentation, and check out the different Forums in the Workspace, including Installation (installation-related tips & tricks or issues), Future Accelerators, and other Discussions. The “Guide to Oracle PA Content” PDF under Library – Documents can help you navigate the content of the site. We suggest you run the UPKs for the PAs you’re interested in (see at the end of this email). We are looking forward to your feedback. Please keep in mind that information provided via Forums is shared with all workspace participants. Please also check PA-related content published under OTN at: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bpm/learnmore/processaccelerators-1609559.html Best Regards, The Oracle Process Accelerators Team Twitter: @OProcessAccel YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OProcessAccel
  • 1. Re: Invitation Message included in email but does not display new lines
    pbell Pro
    Cesare,

The formatting should be fixed now - the text was added to an HTML form and as such became packed text - I see that this may be an issue if a large formatted message is used and have changed the code to make it HTML itself and it will now maintain the formatting.

Your comment "new users don't even see the workspace unless they go and change All My Workspaces!" is not quite correct as they will all have been sent a Welcome to the Workspace email and if they click on the Workspace name in the email they will be taken directly to the Workspace Overview page.

Phil
  • 2. Re: Invitation Message included in email but does not display new lines
    Cesare Rotundo Newbie
    Phil, thanks for fixing/improving. As per the workspace being visible, if users go directly to .../teamcollab then they won't see the workspace. I added those instructions after receiving many complaints from new users. What I'll do though is add a link directly to the workspace in the email, which now that is formatted could be more readable.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points