This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 6:55 AM by Sasha RSS

how to rename the title bars and change the properties of chart

user549949 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have below doubts:
1. Can the title bars such as Component Container, Chart, etc, be modified ?Ex. can we rename chart to product chart
2. Does Endeca allow configuring the properties of the charts?like changing Y axis from .4,.8 to point to only whole numbers like 1,2?

It will be really great if someone can help me on above issues.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Amrit
  • 1. Re: how to rename the title bars and change the properties of chart
    JaniceM Journeyer
    Renaming the components is pretty easy. You just click the title bar and it becomes an editable field. See the following topic in the Studio User's Guide:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29805_01/studio.230/eid_studio_users/toc.htm#Renaming%20components

You can configure the displayed values to be integers only, and also configure the range of the axis values.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E29805_01/studio.230/eid_studio_users/toc.htm#Configuring%20metric%20groups

See the Studio User's Guide for the full discussion of the Chart component.

Hope that helps,

Janice
  • 2. Re: how to rename the title bars and change the properties of chart
    user549949 Newbie
    HI Jaince,

Thank you so much for the reply.With the help of your reply I was able to rename the chart and other title bars and I changed the column properties under series metric to have Integer format but when I preview this chart integer vlaues are repeated .Y axis has scaling as 0,1,1,2,2,2 ... 1,2 and other numbers are getting repeated. Is there a way to get values only once.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
    Amrit
  • 3. Re: how to rename the title bars and change the properties of chart
    Sasha Newbie
    Hi Amrit,

The duplicate y-axis values occur when the data you're charting has non-whole values, but the chart is configured to show (whole) integer formatting for the y-axis. For example, the axis is trying to show something like 0, 0.4, 0.8, 1.2, 1.6, 2.0 -- but, with the axis configured for integer formatting, the values truncate and display as something like 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2. A patch has been implemented for the 2.3 release for this issue and can be obtained by contacting Oracle Support (and the fix will be in the upcoming 2.4 release, if you're able to pick up the newer release). Note that the fix just ensures that, when configured for integer formatting, numbers are not duplicated on the y-axis. Instead, if the data falls at a non-whole number like 0.6, the bar height will fall somewhere between the tick marks for 0 and 1. So if your chart tends to have, for example, small fractional values, you'll likely want to avoid configuring the axes to show integers, since the data wil end up being too small relative to the scale of the axis.

- Sasha

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points