3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 12:07 PM by user10459637 RSS

tpconnect fails with TPESYSTEM

user10459637
      HI:

I have a tux 11gR1 server on linux that is running. The server is conversational. App uses an envfile in the RESOURCES section that defines TUXDIR, LANG, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc.

On the client, native on the server for the time being, I try to tpconnect to the app to one of the conversational services and it fails with the following in the ULOG:

*095934.addn01!?proc.25786.3078437072.0: gtrid x0 x51028f1e x1: NLS:4: Cannot open message catalog LIBTUX_CAT, set 1, num 1084; check TUXDIR=/opt/tuxedo11gR1, LANG=C*

The tpconnect() call just returns -1 with tperrno = 12.

I've verified that LANG is set to C and exported in the client environment, TUXDIR is set to point to where TUX is installed.

Any idea what else to check?

thx.
      WM.
        • 1. Re: tpconnect fails with TPESYSTEM
          user10459637
          Note, I did an strace -f on the client program to see if it was finding the LIBTUX_CAT file and it would appear from the strace excerpt below it is.

However, it goes on to look for other LIBTUX_CAT Locations...??

... snipped for brevity
          open("/opt/tuxedo11gR1/locale/C/LIBTUX_CAT", O_RDONLY) = 6
          fstat64(6, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0645, st_size=95913, ...}) = 0
          mmap2(NULL, 95913, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 6, 0) = 0xb78be000
          munmap(0xb78be000, 95913) = 0
          close(6) = 0
          open("/usr/share/locale/C/LIBTUX_CAT", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
          open("/usr/share/locale/C/LC_MESSAGES/LIBTUX_CAT", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
          open("/usr/share/locale/C/LIBTUX_CAT", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
          open("/usr/share/locale/C/LC_MESSAGES/LIBTUX_CAT", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
          • 2. Re: tpconnect fails with TPESYSTEM
            Bobfinan - Oracle-Oracle
            Hi,

In regard to the LIBTUX_CAT:1084 error, this is what the message catalog has:
            ERROR: Failed to get acknowledgement message for connection
            Description
            This error occurs when a conversational client or server issues a tprecv(3c) with TPRECVONLY. This requires an acknowledgment from the other connection. If there is a failure in getting that acknowledgment, this message is printed. This could happen if the UNIX message queue has reached its capacity. This could also happen if the remote server for that connection could not be started.
            Action
            Check the UNIX message queue kernel parameters and increase them if necessary. Check the userlog for error messages regarding the remote server

In regard to the NLS:4 problem with reading the catalog, check that you have read permission on /opt/tuxedo11gR1/locale/C/LIBTUX_CAT all the way up the directory stack.
            Do you see NLS:4 messages in the ULOG also for the servers or only for the client?
            If only for the client then what user environment variable differences do you have if any?

Regards,
            Bob Finan
            • 3. Re: tpconnect fails with TPESYSTEM
              user10459637
              I have LANG set to C in the envfile that the app uses. This is also set in the client processes environment and is exported.

The NLS files are readable in the $TUXDIR fine.

RE: the tperrno 12 error on the tpconnect, this is occuring if you do a tpbegin(0,0) BEFORE issuing the tpconnect. Is that
              normal/expected?

I moved the tpbegin after the tpconnect and it works fine.

WM