This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 10:02 AM by EdStevens RSS

User Profile Password Setting

Meenakshy singh Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Gurus,

My oracle version is Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 - 64bit on AIX machine.

My client requirement is to set the users profile expiry_date to *31/12/2099* .

The user accounts are going to expire on month of APRIL i.e *04-APRIL-13* but now my clients want to extend user expiry date *04-APRIL-13* to *31/12/2099*
How to set this expiry date to *31/12/2099* , any idea?

Thanks,
Meena
  • 1. Re: User Profile Password Setting
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    AFAIK, 9i does not support expiring database users on a specific date. Pl elaborate on how "user accounts are going to expire on month of APRIL i.e 04-APRIL-13" has been achieved

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: User Profile Password Setting
    EdStevens Guru
    Meenakshy singh wrote:
    Hi Gurus,

My oracle version is Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 - 64bit on AIX machine.

My client requirement is to set the users profile expiry_date to *31/12/2099* .

The user accounts are going to expire on month of APRIL i.e *04-APRIL-13* but now my clients want to extend user expiry date *04-APRIL-13* to *31/12/2099*
    How to set this expiry date to *31/12/2099* , any idea?

Thanks,
    Meena
    You can't set a specific expiration date, only a password lifetime. But given the target date ... 31 dec 2099 .. isn't even within the life expectancy of anyone on this board, I'd expect the person who stated that requirement really wants passwords to never expire. So, password_lifetime=unlimited.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points