7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 3:31 PM by jtellier RSS

Cannot provision Exchange 2003 account in OIM 11gR2

jtellier
      Hello,

I'm trying to provision Exchange 2003 accounts from OIM 11gR2 but I keep getting errors. My AD connector works and is able to reconcile and provision account and my Exchange connector is linked to it. I've understood that the only mandatory fields in the Exchange 2003 provisioning form are "mail store name" and "alias", so I've tested by only filling those. However, the provisioning does not complete and the logs show this error :

[2013-01-25T11:46:19.292-05:00] [oim_server1] [ERROR] [] [XELLERATE.ADAPTERS] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: b70c24a5215a6ee3:-625a909b:13c6d3ae4c5:-8000-0000000000002b50,0] [APP: oim#11.1.2.0.0] Class/Method: tcAdpEvent/getITAttrVal encounter some problems: Could not find attibute value for IT Resource Key = 0 and attribute = Server Address
      [2013-01-25T11:46:19.293-05:00] [oim_server1] [ERROR] [] [XELLERATE.ADAPTERS] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: b70c24a5215a6ee3:-625a909b:13c6d3ae4c5:-8000-0000000000002b50,0] [APP: oim#11.1.2.0.0] Class/Method: tcAdpEvent/getITAttrVal encounter some problems: Could not find IT asset value for Svr_key = 0 and attribute = Server Address
      [2013-01-25T11:46:19.293-05:00] [oim_server1] [ERROR] [] [XELLERATE.ADAPTERS] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '6' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: xelsysadm] [ecid: b70c24a5215a6ee3:-625a909b:13c6d3ae4c5:-8000-0000000000002b50,0] [APP: oim#11.1.2.0.0] Class/Method: tcAdpEvent/getITAttrVal encounter some problems: DATA_ERROR[[
      com.thortech.xl.dataobj.util.tcAdapterTaskException: DATA_ERROR
      at com.thortech.xl.adapterfactory.events.tcAdpEvent.getITAttrVal(tcAdpEvent.java:2023)
      at com.thortech.xl.adapterGlue.ScheduleItemEvents.adpMEXCCREATEMAILBOX.implementation(adpMEXCCREATEMAILBOX.java:90)
      at com.thortech.xl.client.events.tcBaseEvent.run(tcBaseEvent.java:196)
      [...]

That's the only error I see and I'm not really sure about what it means. Any ideas?

Thanks,
      --jtellier                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
        • 1. Re: Cannot provision Exchange 2003 account in OIM 11gR2
          user00009
          The error says IT Resource field has in-correct value. Please correct it.
          • 2. Re: Cannot provision Exchange 2003 account in OIM 11gR2
            jtellier
            I don't understand. There is no "IT Resource" field in the Exchange provisioning form and my Application Instance links the "Exchange" RO with the "Exchange Server IT Resource" IT Resource. I've also tried linking the "Exchange" RO with the "ADITResource" IT Resource, but it gives me the same error.

Thanks,
            --jtellier                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
            • 3. Re: Cannot provision Exchange 2003 account in OIM 11gR2
              jtellier
              I've investigated a bit more and think that the problem is related to the fact that the Exchange connector is unable to make the link to the Exchange account. First, when entering data in the provisioning form, there is no "AD Server" field. The strange thing is that this field is present in the fields list in the form configuration page.

I have also noticed strange things by looking at the database. The Object GUID of the account (UD_MSEXCHG_OBJECTGUID column) is not properly retrieved. It is always set to "-50" instead of the correct value. The UD_MSEXCHG_ADSERVER is also always set to 0, even though the UD_ADUSER_AD column of this same user is 9.

I've tried the provisioning with 2 different Application Instances with same result. The first uses the Exchage RO with the Exchange Server IT Resource. The second one uses the Exchange RO with the ADITResource.

Everything seems to indicate that the Exchange is unable to get the account's information from AD, but I don't understand why...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
              --jtellier

Edited by: jtellier on Jan 28, 2013 12:38 PM
              • 4. Re: Cannot provision Exchange 2003 account in OIM 11gR2
                IDMuser19
                I am getting similar issue after upgrading OIM R1 to R2.
                Tried provisioning to Exchange 2010 got same error. Please let me know if where able to resolve the issue ?
                • 5. Re: Cannot provision Exchange 2003 account in OIM 11gR2
                  jtellier
                  Are you using the version 9 or 11 of the connector? I've done more investigations with version 9 and realized that the DB is not correctly updated by the connector. I've reported the problem with Oracle and a bug has been open. Here are the details :

When reconciling or provisioning a mailbox, a new row is added in the OIU table. This row has "null" as its APP_INSTANCE_KEY. Manually setting the Exchange's app instance key as the value of this column solves the problem.

Hope this helps!
                  --jtellier                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
                  • 6. Re: Cannot provision Exchange 2003 account in OIM 11gR2
                    IDMuser19
                    Thanks!

We recently upgraded from OIM R1 to R2. Exchange connector 9.1.1.7.
                    The OIM R1 creating mail box account in exchnage 2010 was working fine, after the upgrade we see the issue with the similar error as below. If i update a exchange attribute for a old provisioning user the update get succeeded. creation of mail box fails. Please let me know if you have any idea..Thanks!

Error Details
                    Feb 25, 2013: Could not find IT asset value for Svr_key = 0 and attribute = Server Address.Setting task status... "DATA_ERROR" does not correspond to a known Response Code. Using "UNKNOWN".

<<Manually setting the Exchange's app instance key as the value of this column solves the problem>>

If i want to try this, where do i need to set the key value..Can you please let me know.
                    • 7. Re: Cannot provision Exchange 2003 account in OIM 11gR2
                      jtellier
                      <<Manually setting the Exchange's app instance key as the value of this column solves the problem>>

If i want to try this, where do i need to set the key value..Can you please let me know.
                      I was talking about the APP_INSTANCE_KEY column in the OIU table for the row corresponding to the account you want to provision or reconcile.

--jtellier