This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 2:53 PM by Sudipto Desmukh RSS

How to Make application usable by persons with disabilities as blind

Navin K Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am developing a custom webcenter portal application.

During the development 1 thought came to my mind that I should develop the application for persons with disabilities such as blind.
But I have no idea from where to start and how to move further.

I searched on internet but could not found anything other than -

>
Oracle software implements the standards of Section 508 and WCAG 1.0 AA using an interpretation of the standards at http://www.oracle.com/accessibility/standards.html.
>

Also WebCenter Accessibility Features enables any application for this.
Please suggest me how to move forward and what consideration i should take before moving ahead.
Also Please guide me about the limitations.
Any idea regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks
--NavinK                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • 1. Re: How to Make application usable by persons with disabilities as blind
    Sudipto Desmukh Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Accessibility involves making your application usable by persons with disabilities such as low vision or blindness, deafness, or other physical limitations.
    In the simplest of terms, this >means creating applications that can be used without a mouse (keyboard only),
    used with a screen reader for blind or low-vision users, and used without reliance on sound, color, >or animation and timing.
    Have a look at -
    Section 2.9 Overview of WebCenter Accessibility Features @ http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_plan.htm#BABCIDHB
    and http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/web.1111/b31973/af_access.htm#ADFUI9888

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points