3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 7:05 AM by EdStevens RSS

Database Intrusion Detection at the SQL level

Hello. I am currently writing a paper focusing on Database Intrusion Detection at the SQL level, mainly for Data Warehouses.
      Because I was unable to find any paper, benchmark or dataset containing the definition of the typical set of SQL instruction workload against a database / Data Warehouse, I am asking if anyone knows about the existence of such works?
      I would be very gratefull to who could point me some direction on this.
      My e-mail is lionsoftware.ricardo@gmail.com

Best regards to everyone.

Edited by: user11703686 on 25/Jan/2013 17:20

Edited by: user11703686 on 25/Jan/2013 17:21
        • 1. Re: Database Intrusion Detection at the SQL level
          JustinCave
          I would strongly argue that there is no such thing as a "typical" workload.

I would guess, though, that a reasonable starting point would be to use the TPC-H benchmark.

Justin
          • 2. Re: Database Intrusion Detection at the SQL level
            Yes, that is true for a generical basis. I have worked with the TPC-H for several years and now I am working with the TPC-DS. My quest is trying to look at the Store_Sales star schema and try to come up with a series of queries + ETL SQL instructions which might be considered as "typical" intrusion "lookups", "false data insertion", "value compromising", "database object deletion", etc.

Nevertheless, thank you for your sugestion.

Best regards
            • 3. Re: Database Intrusion Detection at the SQL level
              EdStevens
              Ricardo Jorge Santos wrote:
              Hello. I am currently writing a paper focusing on Database Intrusion Detection at the SQL level, mainly for Data Warehouses.
              Because I was unable to find any paper, benchmark or dataset containing the definition of the typical set of SQL instruction workload against a database / Data Warehouse, I am asking if anyone knows about the existence of such works?
              I would be very gratefull to who could point me some direction on this.
              My e-mail is lionsoftware.ricardo@gmail.com

Best regards to everyone.

Edited by: user11703686 on 25/Jan/2013 17:20

Edited by: user11703686 on 25/Jan/2013 17:21
              Interesting that you are posting a question about security, in a security related forum, and yet failed one of the most basic security principles by posting your email address on an open, public forum. Be prepared to have your mailbox flooded with all kinds of spam, and possibly have your email address hijacked and used to generate spam.