3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 4:18 AM by 11g.DBA RSS

using sql developer

11g.DBA
      HI,

I am having mysql on one server and oracle on other sever (both on linux).I want to migrate data from mysql to oracle using sql developer installed on a different remote machine.What are the basic neccessities i should keep in mind regarding this or should i just use the sql developer installed with oracle.

I dont have the required display variables set on oracle server and moreover an old version of sqldeveloper is installed with oracle.I am thinking of installing the latest version of sql developer on windows plateform and then want to access database located on linux machines.
      Please advise.

Thanx
        • 1. Re: using sql developer
          Osama_Mustafa
          Did you check this
          http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/migration/mysql-093223.html
          • 2. Re: using sql developer
            stuartu
            11g.DBA wrote:
            HI,

I am having mysql on one server and oracle on other sever (both on linux).I want to migrate data from mysql to oracle using sql developer installed on a different remote machine.What are the basic neccessities i should keep in mind regarding this or should i just use the sql developer installed with oracle.

I dont have the required display variables set on oracle server and moreover an old version of sqldeveloper is installed with oracle.I am thinking of installing the latest version of sql developer on windows plateform and then want to access database located on linux machines.
            Please advise.

Thanx
            Download the latest SQL Developer to your PC. Allow your firewall rules to accept connections from your PC to the database port (usually 1521 - Oracle, 3306 - MySQL).
            Establish a connection to your databases (assuming privileges are sorted) and start migration.
            Note: For MySQL, you will need to download the third party connector (a quick Google and you will find the download and instructions to install).

You already have the URL for the migration.
            • 3. Re: using sql developer
              11g.DBA
              I tried it on another test system with test oracle and test mysql databases.I was using sql developer 2.1 and it was giving errors but when i tried using sql developer 3.2 it worked great.So,is there any document telling which version of sql developer would be needed for particular version of oracle and mysql.

I am using oracle 11g and my sql 5.x.Will the default sql developer 1.5 installed with oracle 11g will work for the above mentioned versions of oracle and mysql or do i need to install latest version of it?