3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 1:45 AM by 955208 RSS

Managed soa server doesn't start

Hi,

I have a Problem starting soa server.

I have successfully installed SOA 11.1.1.5 on my Windows 7 on 64 bit machine.

Admin server starts without a problem, but when I start Soa server, It asks for username. Here I enter weblogic and the following error shows:

<BEA-090783><Server is running in production mode and the Native Library(Terminalio) to read the password securely is not found.>
        • 1. Re: Managed soa server doesn't start
          Kishore Rout
          Hi,
          Please follow below steps, you will not get any error.
          1. Navigate to $MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_projects/domains/<domain_name>/servers/<managed_server>/security/. If the /security folder does not exist then create it. Then create a boot.properties file in the /security folder that contains:

username=weblogic
          password=<password>

2. Then run startManagedWeblogic.sh and it will not ask for the username/password on startup.

Mark If this helps.

Regards,
          Kishore
          • 2. Re: Managed soa server doesn't start
            Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle
            Hi,

To implement the solution execute the following steps:

There are two workarounds to this problem:

Either (Linux and Windows):

1. Navigate to $MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_projects/domains/<domain_name>/servers/<managed_server>/security/. If the /security folder does not exist then create it. Then create a boot.properties file in the /security folder that contains:

username=weblogic
            password=<password>

2. Then run startManagedWeblogic.sh and it will not ask for the username/password on startup

OR (Linux only):
            1. Edit the /user_projects/domains/<DOMAIN_NAME>/bin/setDomainEnv.sh and change:

<MIDDLEWARE_HOME>/wlserver_10.3/server/native/linux/i686

to:

<MIDDLEWARE_HOME>/wlserver_10.3/server/native/linux/x86_64

OR:

1.Run the startManagedWebLogic.sh script with:

startManagedWebLogic.sh <managed_server> -Dweblogic.management.allowPasswordEcho=true.

Regards,
            Kal
            • 3. Re: Managed soa server doesn't start
              Thanks guys. This has worked for me.