6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 4:05 AM by GiuseppeL RSS

CRUD LOV?

GiuseppeL
      Hi all,

There are some way to create a LOV, with the possibility to create new records?

Imagine an order entry, when you need to choose the customer, and wants to create the customer from there directly..

Regards.
        • 1. Re: CRUD LOV?
          Howard (... in Training)
          The LOV can be based on a query (SELECT * FROM <table> WHERE <condition>). Since you can control what values are present in the table, I think you could use this to control the values in your LOV. I suppose you'd need something like a Dynamic Action to "Submit or otherwise" place the value in the table and then have the page redisplay. Does that help?

Howard
          • 2. Re: CRUD LOV?
            GiuseppeL
            Hi Howard,

Probably I don't explained correctly.

On a order entry form, I have one are to choose Customer, and this area is a Popup LOV. My question is, if it's possible, in this Popup LOV, to have a button to create a new record (customer in this example).

Regards.
            • 3. Re: CRUD LOV?
              VC
              GiuseppeL wrote:
              Hi all,

There are some way to create a LOV, with the possibility to create new records?

Imagine an order entry, when you need to choose the customer, and wants to create the customer from there directly..
              What mandatory fields does user need to provide to create a customer?
              • 4. Re: CRUD LOV?
                GiuseppeL
                Name, for example
                • 5. Re: CRUD LOV?
                  VC
                  GiuseppeL wrote:
                  Name, for example
                  The reason I have asked you is this plugin allows you to create new entry on the fly if it does not exist in the Combobox/LOV
                  http://apex-plugin.com/oracle-apex-plugins/odtug-competition/combobox_208.html

If it is just name that needs to be entered by user then try this plugin with setting Add New as Yes
                  • 6. Re: CRUD LOV?
                    GiuseppeL
                    Works perfect thanks. It's interesting for this values when only needs to add a name like categories and so on.

And what about when you need to add more mandatory data?

Regards.