1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 7:24 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
        Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
        Requesting you to please help me on the Tech_st patches also.
        For 10.1.3.4 and 10.1.2.3 ORACLE_HOMEs, please refer to:

Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 11i and 12 Critical Patch Update Knowledge Document (January 2010) [ID 985520.1]
        Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 11i and 12 Critical Patch Update Knowledge Document (October 2011) [ID 1354842.1]

Both docs are referenced in the same doc, under "Table 2: Information on patches to apply to Oracle Fusion Middleware homes for Release 12 and Oracle Application Server home for Release 11i" section.

Thanks,
        Hussein
        • 16. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
          user10493335
          Hi Hussien,

Can we apply both the patches SPU and CPU patches on the ORACLE Home
          • 17. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
            Srini Chavali-Oracle
            SPU and CPU mean the same thing - CPU has been given a new name (SPU) - http://www.integrigy.com/oracle-security-blog/cpu-psu-spu-oracle-critical-patch-update-terminology-update

Also, Oracle recommends applying PSU patches instead of CPU patches - https://blogs.oracle.com/security/entry/the_benefits_of_database_serve

Pl be aware that once you apply a PSU patch, you need to continue to apply PSU patches in the future - you cannot apply CPU patches.

HTH
            Srini
            • 18. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              user10493335 wrote:
              Hi Hussien,

Can we apply both the patches SPU and CPU patches on the ORACLE Home
              They are the same, so you either apply SPU/CPU or PSU -- https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/can_ebs_users_apply_database_patch_set_updates

Database PSU-CPU Cross-Reference List [ID 1119703.1]
              Quick Reference To Patch Numbers For Database PSU, SPU(CPU) And Bundle Patches [ID 1454618.1]
              Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Patching Oracle Database Server [ID 1446582.1]

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 19. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
                user10493335
                Hi Hussien,

Application--12.1.3
                Apache--10.1.3.4
                Forms/Reports-10.1.2.3.0
                os-Linux x86-64

As u suggested i have gone through the following doc for 10.1.3. ORACLE_HOME
                Critical Patch Update January 2010 Patch Availability Document for Oracle Products [ID 967472.1]

The following patches need to apply

Oracle Fusion Middleware 10.1.3.4 UNIX Microsoft Windows (32-Bit) Microsoft Windows Itanium (64-Bit) Comments

Middle tier home OC4J home (Standalone)
                Patch 9173038 Patch 9452259

For 10.1.2.3.0

I have followed the following doc
                Patch Set Update and Critical Patch Update October 2011 Availability Document [ID 1346104.1]

Unix: CPU Patch 12837860

Please suggested the patches which i have selected is correct or wrong/any additional patches i need to apply
                • 20. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  The following patches need to apply

Oracle Fusion Middleware 10.1.3.4 UNIX Microsoft Windows (32-Bit) Microsoft Windows Itanium (64-Bit) Comments

Middle tier home OC4J home (Standalone)
                  Patch 9173038 Patch 9452259
                  Correct.
                  For 10.1.2.3.0

I have followed the following doc
                  Patch Set Update and Critical Patch Update October 2011 Availability Document [ID 1346104.1]

Unix: CPU Patch 12837860

Please suggested the patches which i have selected is correct or wrong/any additional patches i need to apply
                  Apply this patch -- Please see these docs for issues related to this patch.

Patch 12837860, Error Admn-100001 With Dcmctl Redeployapplication (Post-Patch) 10.1.2/dcm/config/sysmgmtProperties.dtd No such file or directory [ID 1432173.1]
                  Employee Termination - You Are Trying To Access A Page That Is No Longer Active [ID 1448419.1]
                  Inactive Page Error For Termination Manager Self Service Function [ID 1430373.1]
                  Error- You Are Trying To Access A Page That Is No Longer Active [ID 1454330.1]

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 21. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
                    user10493335
                    Hi Hussien,

Thank you very much for replying

For 10.1.2.3.0 ORACLE HOME
                    if apply this one patch 12837860 is enough or should i need to apply any of the other patches.
                    Did i miss any of the patches.Please suggest me.
                    • 22. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      user10493335 wrote:
                      Hi Hussien,

Thank you very much for replying

For 10.1.2.3.0 ORACLE HOME
                      if apply this one patch 12837860 is enough or should i need to apply any of the other patches.
                      Did i miss any of the patches.Please suggest me.
                      I only see this patch under "3.1.6 Oracle Fusion Middleware Utilities for Oracle Databases" section, so no more patches need to be applied.

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 23. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
                        user10493335
                        Hi Hussien,

From your previous reply i am totally confused.
                        Sholud i need to pick up the patches from Oracle Fusion Middleware Utilities for Oracle Databases (or) from Oracle Fusion Middleware because i am looking at Oracle Fusion Middleware.
                        • 24. Re: We are planning to apply CPU 2013
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          user10493335 wrote:
                          Hi Hussien,

From your previous reply i am totally confused.
                          Sholud i need to pick up the patches from Oracle Fusion Middleware Utilities for Oracle Databases (or) from Oracle Fusion Middleware because i am looking at Oracle Fusion Middleware.
                          Sorry for that. The patch number is mentioned more than once in the doc and I was referring to "3.1.6 Oracle Fusion Middleware Utilities for Oracle Databases" section in my previous reply.

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          1 2 Previous Next