8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 12:17 PM by Andreas Weiden RSS

apex with ireport pl-jrxml2pdf by andreas weiden

tparvaiz
      Hi,

I've used PL-jrxml2pdf utility developed by Andreas Weiden... I am facing following 2 issues

1) Report runs okay through iReport designer but don't show subreports (except for 1) when I deploy it on APEX... I've hosted a sample on apex.oracle.com here are the credentials for your review and comments

APEX.ORACLE.COM

Workspace: TPARVAIZ1
      Username: REDGREENRED@HOTMAIL.COM
      Password: mucew0

Application 58372 - PL-jrxml2pdf

ID/PW: TEST/TEST

2) seems like the application is not supported via IE 8, can you please confirm

Thanks in advance for your assistance
        • 1. Re: apex with ireport pl-jrxml2pdf by andreas weiden
          Andreas Weiden
          I already suggesetd you in your last post to ask questions about PL-jrxml2pdf on the forum of the tool itself.

About your questions..

1) Which of your reports does not work ? What is the expected output?

2) Why? Do you get any error?
          • 2. Re: apex with ireport pl-jrxml2pdf by andreas weiden
            tparvaiz
            Hi, I did posted on the Jasper forum but there was no response (and my last experience wasn't good either) so I posted a duplicate on this forum

http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/803034/apex-ireport-pl-jrxml2pdf-andreas-weiden

1) I've created a report "MASTERTEST" which is based on other sub-reports (Address, Child, ChildTop)... when I run individual reports they are working okay but when I run the MASTERTEST report it shows just a single sub-report and seems like ignore "address" and "ChildTop" reports
            Please use following parameters to test MASTERTEST reort -> Name: P_SHIPPER Value: SHIPPER 1

Thanks
            • 3. Re: apex with ireport pl-jrxml2pdf by andreas weiden
              Andreas Weiden
              Hi, I did posted on the Jasper forum but there was no response
              Well, PL-jrxml2pdf has nothing to do with Jasper, so i don't wonder that there was no response.

PL-jrxml2pdf has its own forum on the tools homepage http://sourceforge.net/projects/pljrxml2pdf/

About your problem... There was a restriction from an older version that no subreports are allowed in the Page-Header region. I modified the package PK_JRXML2PDF_REPGEN in your application, now the report works as expected.

I will fix it "officially" in the next release.

btw.. any reason why you make your report that complicated? Why do you put all that stuff in separate sub-reports?

Edited by: Andreas Weiden on 30.01.2013 20:48
              • 4. Re: apex with ireport pl-jrxml2pdf by andreas weiden
                tparvaiz
                Just wondering how did you modify the package PK_JRXML2PDF_REPGEN? as I would have to do the same on my other copies as well

I want a report with a paragraph (parg 1) followed by some data and then followed by another paragraph (parg 2). something like this

Parg 1

Table

Parg 2

Using APEX, I've put a form on a table to allow my users to customize paragraphs and put individual paragraphs in sub-reports... is there an alternative to it?

Thanks again
                • 6. Re: apex with ireport pl-jrxml2pdf by andreas weiden
                  Andreas Weiden
                  Just wondering how did you modify the package PK_JRXML2PDF_REPGEN? as I would have to do the same on my other copies as well
                  Take the whole package body and apply it to your other sites.
                  to customize paragraphs and put individual paragraphs in sub-reports...
                  You have be more specific about your requirements.
                  • 7. Re: apex with ireport pl-jrxml2pdf by andreas weiden
                    tparvaiz
                    re update:
                    So you want me to export the PL-jrxml2pdf application that you've updated and upload it to the other environments (where ever I am using it)... can you please confirm

re my requirements:

I want to generate sort of a letter... something like this:

------- start of the letter -----------

dear customer:

Following is your activity report related to Jan 2013 orders

Activity 1: $3
                    Activity 2: $2

Please contact Mr x @ 123.456.7890 for any questions

------- end of the letter -----------

as you can see the letter is split in 3 sections

Top section with the greeting and an opening statement
                    followed by a table in the middle section
                    & closing statement with contact details in the bottom section

Plus, my requirement is to allow users to modify the top and bottom statements... so I put the top and the bottom statements in a table and created an APEX form to let my users customize it.

Thanks
                    • 8. Re: apex with ireport pl-jrxml2pdf by andreas weiden
                      Andreas Weiden
                      So you want me to export the PL-jrxml2pdf application that you've updated and upload it to the other environments (where ever I am using it)
                      No. I changed a database-package named PK_JRXML2PDF_REPGEN. This is installed with the supporting objects when you install the APEX-application, but the updated version will not be extracted when you do an application export. Go to the SQL Workshop->Object Browser->packages and extract the code from the mentioned package. Then re-import taht script in your other environments after you installed the application.

About your report-requirement..
                      That can easily achieved without using any subreports. As an example you can look at the report "table_usage_with_column_groups" in the PL-jrxml2pdf-application. There is a "master-query" for the heading and a subdataset used for the tabular data.