This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 1:01 AM by JitendraBhagwat RSS

Chart graph in 10g

user607649 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
12/01/2012 12:00:00 AM

12/31/2012 12:00:00 AM

Hi
I have one chart graph report in 10g.I migrated 11g.

In 10 i selected creteria tab in Time,ID,Name,Addrss,Am1,Amount2,Amount3,........................

In chart graph(Line-Bar) X axis is "Time" and Y axis Vertical bar is "Amount1" and Line is "Amount2)

Now graph result displays based on this 3 columns(Time,Amount1 and ampount2) not based on creteria selected columns.
--------------------

In 11g

The same report not showing correct data.(Mismatch 10g and 11g)

When i recreate pivot graph report instead of chart graph report and i selected "server complex agg" in pivot view then data will matching.

My Question.
1.10g chart graph and 11g chart graph functionality same or ?

e.g
in 10g
graph result displays based on this 3 columns(Time,Amount1 and ampount2) not based on creteria selected columns.
But 11g retrun based on ceteria selection am i correct?

In 11g,If i seleted this 3 column only in criteria tab then 10g report matching.

2.All chart report in 10g we have to convert pivot view in 11g or no need?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Chart graph in 10g
    ReddyG Pro
    I dont think you have to convert 10g chart report into 11g Pivot chat,you can use normal chart in 11g as well plz check the Chart options carefully which column is palced in vertical,Horizantal and line sections..
  • 2. Re: Chart graph in 10g
    JitendraBhagwat Explorer
    Raj,

If you edit your chart, check the columns in "Layout > Line-Bar Graph > Bar and Lines > Group by section" you'll see most of your columns here. you'll have to either remove unnecessary columns from criteria tab or drag them in "Excluded" section.

If you pull more than necessary columns in criteria, the analysis result will be shown as per the logic attached to all these columns. Try to keep only columns that are necessary for final output.

Regards,
    Jitendra

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points