This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 2:00 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

Prometric Centre Problem

987762 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I scheduled OCE(RAC 11gr2) exam for tomorrow(online from preason site) and today I got the information from Prometric Centre in-charge that there is some problem and I will have to reschedule the exam to other prometric centre.

For the same I called to pearson's help line and explained all the scenario but they told me that, It will take 3-4 days to reschedule the same. I am unable to understand why I am suffering due to prometric Centre problem?

I am not getting satisfactory answer/solution. Anybody can help me on this issue?

Thanks,
Lalit Kumar
  • 1. Re: Pearson VUE Centre Problem
    bigdelboy Pro
    984759 wrote:
    Hello,

I scheduled OCE(RAC 11gr2) exam for tomorrow(online from preason site) and today I got the information from Prometric Centre in-charge that there is some problem and I will have to reschedule the exam to other prometric centre.

For the same I called to pearson's help line and explained all the scenario but they told me that, It will take 3-4 days to reschedule the same. I am unable to understand why I am suffering due to prometric Centre problem?

I am not getting satisfactory answer/solution. Anybody can help me on this issue?

Thanks,
    Lalit Kumar
    Hi Latit,

0) These are all 'Peason VUE' centers not Prometric centres. Prometric is a different organisation. do NOT use the term Prometric ... it only confuses.
    1) Any Pearson VUE center can have have a problem. Staff sickness/absence/server failure.
    2) You should be able to reschedule yourself .... however it is possible if there is an issue if there is less than 24 hours before exam.
    3) ENSURE you have an incident number. THIS IS IMPORTANT.
    4) Post the incident number back here.
    5) When you have an incident ... ring them again if necessary. If necessary ask for an ESCALATION. Say how you have spent ages prepared for this and you are busy and have other things todo in a few days time and you may have difficulty getting the time off ... whatever sad stories you can give give them.
    6) If you have the money to be able to pay for it twice see if they can cancel and refund your test so you are able to book another one.
    7) If there is a problem with the exam delivery itself they they should let you know (eg they have a bad sofware version).
    8) They SHOULD be able to reschedule this exam for you. I have precedents of they being able to do this in the past unless they have a very good reason.
    9) Please share you you got on. Pearson VUE do usually get things sorted.
    10) Above all get an incident number!

Edited by: bigdelboy on 29-Jan-2013 02:21
  • 2. Re: Prometric Centre Problem
    987762 Newbie
    Thanks for reply.

Incident No. : 204612266

5) I asked for the same but they refused as they didn't happen to have any escalation matrix. They also refused to escalate the matter to their seniors or the concerned dept for immediate resolution as for that also they didn't have any authorization or process.

Thanks,
  • 3. Re: Prometric Centre Problem
    bigdelboy Pro
    984759 wrote:
    Thanks for reply.

Incident No. : 204612266

5) I asked for the same but they refused as they didn't happen to have any escalation matrix. They also refused to escalate the matter to their seniors or the concerned dept for immediate resolution as for that also they didn't have any authorization or process.

Thanks,
    Are you talking to

(1): the Pearson VUE themselves

or

(2): to the Pearson VUE Center you were attempting to take you exam at ?
  • 4. Re: Prometric Centre Problem
    987762 Newbie

I called on 0008004401837 for this issue but failed to get any resolution.

Yes I also called but he said "I had generated the incident for the same and you check with customer service of Pearson VUE"

Thanks,
  • 5. Re: Pearson VUE Centre Problem
    bigdelboy Pro
    984759 wrote:

I called on 0008004401837 for this issue but failed to get any resolution.

Yes I also called but he said "I had generated the incident for the same and you check with customer service of Pearson VUE"

Thanks,
    I assume you have identified an alternative test center that would be suitable for you.

Just to confirm ... and this is quite important.

Is the incident number the testing centers incident number or our personal incident number ? If this is the incident number from the test center they would not allow ou to escalte it. If it is an incident number allocated to you personally then it should be able to be escalated. If the person won't escalate .... or cancel the exam with a refund ... get his/her name .... in fact get their name anyway! For this therre should be one incident number for the test center and a different one for you if they wont rebook/cancel it .. and they should link them.

Hmmmm ....

One option for this is for you to ring Pearson VUE and get them to cancel your exam and refund ..... (this will take a few days for you to get the refund).

You can then simply rebook the exam online (if you know another test center). ( In the short term you will have paid twice).
    .... as long as you've not been involved in trying to cancel within 24 hours of the appointment ..... I dont think you are but I expect there are very many who try ..... you will get your money back.

If all this fails do the following .....

1) Raise with Peason VUE via email so you have something in writing.

2) Raise an Oracle SR# here ..... with details on it .. especially the pearson VUE incident number. ( This takes 3 days to get a response).

3) Report the SR number you get on this forum.

.... If you get luck Brandye the Certification forum manager will look by .. she often does ... but never guarenteed ... and may take it up with Pearson VUE. The Oracle Pearson VUE Agent will most likely not get a easy time.

..... You have my sympathy. All here are my best suggestions. Good luck with the exam!
  • 6. Re: Pearson VUE Centre Problem
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    I have asked Pearson VUE to check on this.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points