3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 9:19 AM by EdStevens RSS

error in Rman cloning

$phinx19
      Hi All,

DB:11.2.0.2

I am trying to clone my database on the same server. I have done all the necessary changes and prerequisites and currently I am at the nomount stage of my clone database.

I have set my oracle_sid to clone sid and trying to connect to RMAN using the below mentioned command:
      rman target sys@test nocatalog auxiliary /
      Recovery Manager: Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Jan 29 19:58:52 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

target database Password:
      connected to target database: TEST (DBID=2104075917)
      using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
      RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
      RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
      RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed
      RMAN-04006: error from auxiliary database: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

I have checked the tns and listener files and they are proper.

Regards,
      Sphinx
        • 1. Re: error in Rman cloning
          Shivananda Rao
          Hello,
          RMAN-04006: error from auxiliary database: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
          Have you created an Oracle service for the auxiliary database using oradim ?

oradim -new -sid <auxiliary SID>

If created, then please check if the service OracleService<AUXILIARY-SID> is started or not in the auxiliary server and make sure it is started.

Regards,
          Shivananda
          • 2. Re: error in Rman cloning
            $phinx19
            done
            • 3. Re: error in Rman cloning
              EdStevens
              $phinx19 wrote:
              Hi All,

DB:11.2.0.2

I am trying to clone my database on the same server. I have done all the necessary changes and prerequisites and currently I am at the nomount stage of my clone database.

I have set my oracle_sid to clone sid and trying to connect to RMAN using the below mentioned command:
              rman target sys@test nocatalog auxiliary /
              Recovery Manager: Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Jan 29 19:58:52 2013

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

target database Password:
              connected to target database: TEST (DBID=2104075917)
              using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
              RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
              RMAN-00554: initialization of internal recovery manager package failed

I have checked the tns and listener files and they are proper.

Regards,
              Sphinx
              Either the catalog database is not open, or you have not set ORACLE_SID correctly to point to the catalog database.