This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 12:53 PM by Udo RSS

Oracle 11g XE 64 bit

987868 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Can any one tell me, does oracle 11g XE 64 bit for Windows 8pro is available?

If yes, can you send me the link for the same...

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh Badhan
  • 1. Re: Oracle 11g XE 64 bit
    Udo Guru
    Hello,

unfortunately, neither Windows 8 nor any 64 bit Windows release is (currently) supported by 11g XE.
    There have been quite a few threads by people who encountered different issues when installing the XE release for 32bit Windows on 64bit target systems. It seems possible, though accompanied with a lot of debugging, and especially on Win 8, things get worse. If you can, use a VM with a supported 32bit Windows or 64bit Linux release. See {thread:id=2278170} (and the OTN docs referenced there) for details.

-Udo
  • 2. Re: Oracle 11g XE 64 bit
    987868 Newbie
    Thanks Udo,

Any possible expectation to see the compatibility of XE with Win 8 Pro 64 bit systems.

Thanks

Santosh
  • 3. Re: Oracle 11g XE 64 bit
    Udo Guru
    Hello Santosh,

unfortunately, there have been no announcements on that yet. There is a [url http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/tech-info/sod-oracle-db-win8-win2012-1853201.pdf]statement of direction that the 11.2.0.4 patch set for the regular database releases will bring support for Windows 8 and Server 2012, but this does not affect XE. Given the release cycle so far, I'd really recommend to look for a VM-based solution...

-Udo

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points