6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 10:56 AM by MaryM RSS

Apex 4.1 Interactive Report Question

MaryM
      Good Afternoon,

I have a couple of questions about interactive reports for Apex 4.1. I have searched the forum this and couldn't find anything.

Is it possible to add more fields to the Group By in the action menu?
      example I would need to add 4 more fields to the group by column section,
      4 more fields to the function section
      and 4 more fields to the sort section.

Is there a way to export the report the way it looks online? I like to use control breaks and wanted to export the same format to csv or pdf.

Thanks,
      Mary
        • 1. Re: Apex 4.1 Interactive Report Question
          TexasApexDeveloper
          Do export to CSV or PDF, you will loose the break conditions since the exports just export data and do NOT do much in the way of formatting..

Thank you,

Tony Miller
          Ruckersville, VA
          • 2. Re: Apex 4.1 Interactive Report Question
            Howard (... in Training)
            Hi Mary,

I haven't tried this but me supply some info. I take it you have already seen that standard APEX only provides for CB on columns: First, Second and Third. That said, have you looked at the thread of this message? {message:id=905181}

Also, you might look at: deneskubicek.blogspot.com/2010/07/highlight-row.html
            I can't get to it from this site so I'm not sure how helpful it is.

Best wishes,
            Howard

P.S. <gripe> You have to shake your head at some of the documentation -- like: "3. Make a selection from the Breaks list". Reminds me of that old joke about how to make a million dollars after taxes. Step 1: Make 5 million dollars. ... </gripe>
            • 3. Re: Apex 4.1 Interactive Report Question
              Howard (... in Training)
              Tony,

?? Even with PDF? That's a shame. At least you ought to be able to get WYSIWYG with PDF.

???
              Howard
              • 4. Re: Apex 4.1 Interactive Report Question
                fac586
                Howard (DBA in Training) wrote:

P.S. <gripe> You have to shake your head at some of the documentation -- like: "3. Make a selection from the Breaks list". Reminds me of that old joke about how to make a million dollars after taxes. Step 1: Make 5 million dollars. ... </gripe>
                Then you need to positively rate the Feature Requests for Break Formatting improvements (feature ABPF ) and improved documentation thereof (feature ABPE )

(You have to wonder who'd rate improvement of this documentation as "Not Desirable". They must be raking in cash by selling the Hermetic secrets of break formatting that they alone possess...)
                • 5. Re: Apex 4.1 Interactive Report Question
                  MaryM
                  I went to the features request site, I didn't see anything there for allowing more functionality in the IR action menu. Am I able to add more columns to the group by , functions and sort? Is there a way to tweak the IR to allow this?

One more question, I have many classic reports that use filters. In these reports I use the Pl/sql function to return the column headings. When I converted one of these reports to an IR, it didn't keep the PL/sql to return the column headings. What is the process for the IR to return the correct column headings?

Thanks,

Mary

Edited by: MaryM on Jan 30, 2013 9:54 AM
                  • 6. Re: Apex 4.1 Interactive Report Question
                    MaryM
                    I went to the features request site, I didn't see anything there for allowing more functionality in the IR action menu. Am I able to add more columns to the group by , functions and sort? Is there a way to tweak the IR to allow this?

One more question, I have many classic reports that use filters. In these reports I use the Pl/sql function to return the column headings. When I converted one of these reports to an IR, it didn't keep the PL/sql to return the column headings. What is the process for the IR to return the correct column headings?

Thanks,

Mary