This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 1:30 AM by TheNewBee RSS

adding profile trigger to content wizard

TheNewBee Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all

the senario is i am integrating CDF file on portal using content presenter task flow, and want to author content using the default feature of ctrl+shift+C to call webcenter contentwizard
I am trying bo add the xIdcProfile that is my trigger profile condition to contentwizard.hcsp that is the default one for webcenter when
so i modified one component that is also doing contentwizard customization (A-Teams internationalization component WCP-LocalizationSupport.zip)
what i did is i removed xPortalPath from the below and added xIdcProfile

portalPath : 'xPortalPath=[!--$xPortalPath--]'

to

portalPath : 'xIdcProfile=[!--$xIdcProfile--]'

it works if i pass the parameter in url as &xIdcProfile="myprofile"

but content presenter dosent add this by default though it calling the same contentwizard.hcsp while we create any web site data file using ctrl+shift+C on portal

i also tried to add below code

[!--$if cpRegDef and regexMatches(cpRegDef, "[^'<>;]+")--]
DOCLIB.config.regionDefinitions[0] = '[!--$cpRegDef--]';
var dmd = '';
[!--$if dSecurityGroup and regexMatches(dSecurityGroup, "[^'<>;]+")--]
dmd += 'dSecurityGroup=' + '[!--$dSecurityGroup--]'
[!--$endif--]
[!--$if dDocType and regexMatches(dDocType, "[^'<>;]+")--]
dmd += '&dDocType=' + '[!--$dDocType--]'
[!--$endif--]
[!--$if xCollectionID and regexMatches(xCollectionID, "[0-9]+")--]
dmd += '&xCollectionID=' + '[!--$xCollectionID--]'
[!--$endif--]
*[!--$if xIdcProfile and regexMatches(xIdcProfile, "[^'<>;]+")--]*
*dmd += '&xIdcProfile=' + '[!--$xIdcProfile--]'*
*[!--$endif--]*
DOCLIB.config.config = {
description : "Press Release ",
metadata : "",
switchregioncontent : {
chooselocal : false,
choosemanaged : true,
choosemanagedquerytext : {querytext : "", corecontentonly : false},
choosenone : false,
createnewnative : false,
createnewnativedoctypes : [],
createnewxml : true,
defaultmetadata : dmd
}
}
[!--$else--]
     [!--$QueryText = "xWebsiteObjectType <matches> `Region Definition`"--]
     [!--$exec executeService("GET_SEARCH_RESULTS")--]
     [!--$loop SearchResults--]
     DOCLIB.config.regionDefinitions[[!--$CURRENT_ROW--]] = '[!--$dDocName--]';
     [!--$endloop--]
[!--$endif--]

this also doesnt work so i hv few queries:

--> Is content presenter calling the webcenter contentwizard.hcsp only?
--> do i have to customize conten presenter task flow to pass profile trigger value when we create web conten (CDF file) through it.
--> is it require some other kind of customization
  • 1. Re: adding profile trigger to content wizard
    jiri.machotka Guru
    I am trying bo add the xIdcProfile that is my trigger profile condition to contentwizard.hcsp that is the default one for webcenter when
    so i modified one component that is also doing contentwizard customization (A-Teams internationalization component WCP-LocalizationSupport.zip)
    Would you mind sharing your reasons/what you want to achieve? Somehow, I can't imagine why you'd need to modify the profile when you check in a CDF.

--> Is content presenter calling the webcenter contentwizard.hcsp only?
    AFAIK, yes - see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e12405/wcadm_documents.htm#r9c1-t6
    --> do i have to customize conten presenter task flow to pass profile trigger value when we create web conten (CDF file) through it.
    I hope not. If you are just trying to define default profile, you could use this: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e12405/wcadm_documents.htm#BABJJFAA or define the profile at the folder level (and inherit). This is configuration, not customization, but it very much depends on what you are trying to achieve.
    --> is it require some other kind of customization
    See above.
  • 2. Re: adding profile trigger to content wizard
    TheNewBee Newbie
    hi Jiri,
    sorry for delayed response,

I have a requirment that authors should be able to create web content like flash news, alerts from the portal.
    what we did, we used content presenter to integrate our site studio file(CDF) with portal, now authoring process is like this

--> go to portal to the perticuler section and press some key (ctrl+shift+C as of now) and it will bring a frame with 3 icons arround content
    --> creating new content use "create new content" icon and this will bring the content wizard.
    --> fill in the checkin form and finish (this is the stpe where problem lies)
    --> chosse "Edit now" option and fill all content and save and close.
    now when 3rd step is executed the we get full checkin form to remove this problem we tried two things

--> have a default metadata for site studio content (CDF) and trigger a profile based on that
    now the problem with this is that we need diffrent metadata fron different contents.
    --> We tried to pass the profile to content wizard in the same way content wizard takes the default info like regiion defination security group folder etc by customizing it (that is not happening).

now my problem is still open and i think need a change of approach but i cant think nany thing other now ):
    any ways thanks for ur reply.
    any help is appreciated

Edited by: TheNewBee on Jan 30, 2013 10:25 PM
  • 3. Re: adding profile trigger to content wizard
    jiri.machotka Guru
    As per these requirements
    should be able to create web content like flash news, alerts from the portal
    now the problem with this is that we need diffrent metadata fron different contents
    I'd use Document Explorer rather than Content Presenter (you can create another page or section not to confuse your users).
    With Document Explorer you can browse your folder structure and either create a New Wiki Document (which is basically an HTML modifiable by the WYSIWYG editor), or Upload a new content (for other content types like images, flash videos, etc.).
    The trick is that you may define different metadata (incl. profile trigger) per folder - so you can have one folder for each content type.
  • 4. Re: adding profile trigger to content wizard
    TheNewBee Newbie
    Hi
    thanks for responce

I think didnt explained the full requirment

--> Author wants to see the preview in context of portal (i.e. how a news will look at portal to end user)
    --> there are couple or more of views for each content like List view where all content are there with short summary and thumbanil of image used, detail view,
    --> and most required is all content should follow workflow path to get approval.
    --> approve / reject should also be done from portal seeing the pending changes.

these are mostly provided OOTB by content presenter, thats why we opted for it.
    i dont hv much experties in portal framwork so dont know how to handle it using document explorer
    please guide me for suitable approch to achive this

thanks

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points