This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 12:26 AM by 947413 RSS

Multilingual Capabilities

947413 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all! I send it again, please if anyone has any suggestion tell me because I try to make it work more than two weeks now...

I would like, also, to ask about the Multilingual Capabilities in the Admin Tool Metadata.

These are the steps that I have followed but with no result, if you can identify where is the missing point, it would be really great!

1) I chose in the Presentation model Externalize Display Names -> Generate custom name

2) I run the Externalize Strings Utility and created the .csv file

3) I have customized the csv file with 3 columns:
a) the session variable which will be created within Answers as MSG_NUM
b) the one that holds the translation as MSG_TEXT
c) the one with the language abbreviation: en for English and fr for french for example as LANG_ID

4) I have created a table "TRANSLATIONS" in my database and uploaded the file

5) I have created a new connection pool for this table

6) I added an initialization block to determine the language the user logs in with the following select in the Edit Data Source
select 'valueof (nq_session.weblanguage)' from dual

and in the Edit Data Target

I created a new variable called it lang with default initializer with the value 'en'

7) I have added another initialization block with the following select in the Edit Data Source
select MSG_NUM, MSG_TEXT
from TRANSLATIONS
WHERE LANG_ID = 'valueof (nq_session.weblanguage)'

and in the Edit Data Target I checked the Row-wise initialization

8) I have put the Edit Execution precedence to start with the first initial block

I restarted the presentation services and then I should see the english translation when I log in as english, the french translation when I log in as french.

Any gaps???

Thank you very much!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points