0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 7:48 AM by 757822 RSS

Setting up jms-client-id and subScriptionName differently on Foreign JMS Se

I am using WLS **, I have configured ForeignJMS server for a Topic(Durable) and ConnectionFactory which running at Remote WLS of version *10.3.0*.

My MDB(Durable subscription) at WLS is able to connect to the remote topic through ForeignJMS server and able to get the messages. The problem is with jms-client-id and subScriptionName. MDB is always connoting to the remote TOPIC with jms-client-id and Subscription Name as same. As per the requirement I have to pass different values for jms-client-id and Subscription Name for the remote topic subscription.

As per the Oracle WLS docs, we can set jms-client-id and Subscription Name differently when we specify topicMessagesDistributionMode=One-Copy-Per-Application OR One-Copy-Per-Server, but remote WLS is not supporting these modes as it is running on version 10.3.0.

Can any one please help out on sending jms-client-id and subScriptionName differently?? Are there any alternative approaches to achieve my requirements ?

Here is my MDB configuration

@MessageDriven(name = "XXXEventSubscription", activationConfig =
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "connectionFactoryJndiName", propertyValue = "myLocalCFJndiName"),
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationJndiName", propertyValue = "myLocalTopicJndiName"),
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Topic"),
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "subscriptionDurability", propertyValue = "Durable"),
      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "jmsClientId", propertyValue = "app123")

public class ForeignTopicMDB implements MessageListener
      public void onMessage( Message message )
                System.out.println("Hey--- I got a message ");