3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 5:29 PM by Nicolette RSS

Trying to use the Watermark plugin on a Tabular Form

John K.-Oracle
      Hi All - I am running Application Express 4.1.0.00.32.

I have a tabular form with a single column designated as an enterable field. I downloaded the Watermark plugin and created a new item using the plugin.

If I create a basic form I am able to select my watermark item in the 'Display As' dropdown list, but this option is not available to me in my Tabular Form. I'd love to be able to get this working so that a user could see the watermark on all the enterable rows of the tabular form.

Is this just a limitation of APEX and if so are there any ways around this?

Thanks in advance,
      john
        • 1. Re: Trying to use the Watermark plugin on a Tabular Form
          Nicolette
          John

At the moment plugins don't extend to report columns yet.

Looking at the [url http://digitalbush.com/projects/watermark-input-plugin/]documentation of the orginal jQuery plugin there isn't any special markup needed.
          Which makes easier to apply the watermark to report columns display as text.

In the plugin download there should be a file named jquery.watermarkinput.js.
          Ensure that this file be loaded on the page.

Then initiate the jQuery plugin use something like
          $('[name ="f01"]').Watermark('Watermark text here');
          Use your browsers developer tools to inspect the name of your report column.
          And run the code on document ready event.

Hope this is enough to get you on your way.
          If you need more help set up a demo of what you have on apex.oracle.com.

Nicolette
          • 2. Re: Trying to use the Watermark plugin on a Tabular Form
            John K.-Oracle
            >

>
            Then initiate the jQuery plugin use something like
            $('[name ="f01"]').Watermark('Watermark text here');
            Thanks Nicollete - where should I put that code? Does it go in the tabular form report definition somewhere?
            • 3. Re: Trying to use the Watermark plugin on a Tabular Form
              Nicolette
              John

You can put the code in the page attribute Execute when Page Loads.
              Or you could put it in a dynamic action with event pageload.

Nicolette