3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 1:52 AM by Ashish Tripathi-Oracle RSS

How to do multiple deletion from UCM admin UI

Aacc
      I use UCM admin UI (referring http://ucmhost:port/cs).

However, to delete documents, I have to click the "Info" icon beside document and then delete each revision shows on the infor page.
      is there any easier way to do deletion? such as select multiple documents (include all their revisions) and just click a 'delete' button once?
      I looked around the admin web UI and did not find such function. am I missed something? please let me know.

I'm using UCM 11g.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: How to do multiple deletion from UCM admin UI
          Aacc
          oh, I found it. there is "Repository Manager" under "Administration Applets".
          • 2. Re: How to do multiple deletion from UCM admin UI
            Bunty
            Other safe option is Archiver.
            - Create an Archive
            - Set the Export Query and Select the option that indicates all revision
            - Click Export and select "Delete Revisions" .

Pros
            1) Multiple Files based on a criteria can be deleted.
            2) the deleted content can also be retrieved from batch.
            • 3. Re: How to do multiple deletion from UCM admin UI
              Ashish Tripathi-Oracle

Using "Repository Manager" you are restricted with only being able to delete the number of content items in one hit restricted by a configuration variable which is by default 200.

So, in case there is a need to cleanup all content items in the repository and you have thousands or more, following is lot less clicks:-

- Create an Archive, for ex, "ToDeleteAllContent"

- Set the Export Query as " dDocName like '%' " and Select the option that indicates all revision

- Click Export and select "Delete Revisions" .

- Once the export is finished (you can close the window and check back status later if there are lots and lots of items), just delete the "ToDeleteAllContent" archive itself.