This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2013 7:42 AM by Nicolette RSS

page item shared by different regions?

641848 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have created two regions in one page. I created some items but would like to share the items for both regions. When you create the item, you have to select which region it belongs to. Those items are supposed to be used by both regions, so I wonder if it is possible to share the items instead of creating the same items for region 2. I know I can create application item, but just want to know if somebody know how to share items among different regions in the same page.
  • 1. Re: page item shared by different regions?
    AndyPol Expert
    I can't understed.. why ?
    You can:
    1. use application item
    2. u can use normal item between many regions and pages
    3. u can use shared items like LOV

Regards
  • 2. Re: page item shared by different regions?
    641848 Newbie
    For example, I have created the items: P1_procedure_id, P1_form_id, etc. It is in region 1. Now I created region 2 which I like to see above two items but they are in region 1. P1_procedure_id value is 10, but I cannot see it from region 2 since it is tired to region1.
  • 3. Re: page item shared by different regions?
    Nicolette Expert
    user638845

I still don't understand why you would want to show the same item twice on a page.
    What is the businesscase you're trying to solve?
    user638845 wrote:
    For example, I have created the items: P1_procedure_id, P1_form_id, etc. It is in region 1. Now I created region 2 which I like to see above two items but they are in region 1.
    Set the sequence of region 2 lower than that of region 1 and region2 is shown before region1.

Nicolette
  • 4. Re: page item shared by different regions?
    641848 Newbie
    region 1 is one form. Region type is pl/sql dynamic content. region 2 is another dynamic form, same region type. region 1 will be displayed when P1_form_id = 308, region 2 will be displayed when P1_form_id = 234. I could put into one region by adding condition inside of the pl/sql. However, two forms are complete differnt. So the coding will be too long. This is why I put into two regoins. However, form_id, user_id and other items are tied to region1. I cannot display them in region 2.
  • 5. Re: page item shared by different regions?
    Joni Vandenberghe Pro
    Why don't you just create a 3rd region as parent of the first two and display the shared items there? Change the template or put no template of your other regions so the end user won't notice it.
  • 6. Re: page item shared by different regions?
    Nicolette Expert
    user638845
    user638845 wrote:
    I could put into one region by adding condition inside of the pl/sql. However, two forms are complete differnt. So the coding will be too long.
    Put all the pl/sql in the database in package and or procedure.
    This way you don't have to have any replication of code.

Do I understand you correctly that you have items defined for the regions. But instead of letting apex render them. You do the rendering yourself.

Could you set up a demo of what you did on apex.oracle.com.
    I'm just interested if it would be possible to have the same end result with the basic functionality of apex.

Nicolette

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points