1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2013 7:45 AM by 1032910

Upgrade to MDEX 6.4.0 and RAD toolkit issues

User422632
      Hi,

We are currently evaluating the 6.4 build for use with our web app and are having issues due to it being designed with the RAD toolkit for the 6.1.3 build of MDEX.

Process.
      Upgrade of MDEX to 6.4
      Update the Reference App (normal not Rad) with the presentation API dll's
      Run Reference app and it works as usual.
      Upgrade current web app with Presentation API dll's and the fun started. (this pointed to needing to Upgrade to RAD Toolkit for 6.4 (RAD 2.1.3)

Upgrade to RAD toolkit
      Upgrade all references to use the new RAD dll's

now we get +"Error reading from the connection.The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."+
      After stepping through the code everything looks good. It points to the MDEX server @ port 16000 (which is exactly what the Reference App uses)
      At that point I decided it might pay to see if the RAD reference app would run.
      Configure iis7 to use the RAD reference app and Run the site.
      Set the input box's to point to our MDEX server and MDEX port and it returned the following error.

An unexpected error occurred: Error reading from the connection.The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
      at Endeca.Navigation.OptiBackendRequest.GetContent() at Endeca.Navigation.OptiBackend.GetNavigation(OptiBackendRequest req) at Endeca.Navigation.HttpENEConnection.Query(ENEQuery neq) at Endeca.Data.Provider.PresentationApi.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommand(EndecaCommand command)

Any ideas..

Thanks in advance

Edited by: 976760 on Jan 30, 2013 1:53 PM
        • 1. Re: Upgrade to MDEX 6.4.0 and RAD toolkit issues

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue.I installed the entire setup(mdex version 6.4.0,tools and frame work,platform services,RAD tool kit) and configured a project .The project runs fine in workbench and in the reference jsp application.But i am unable to connect it through the RAD tool kit.I get the same "Error reading from the connection.The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found." error.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Raghvendra Panda