2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 1:02 AM by sayak RSS

Fact columns Datatype is changing from char to int in OBIEE 11g

sayak
      Hi ,

I am taking measure columns - "product description","tot cost" against a dimension "project name" .
      I am generating this report in a planing form and OBIEE .

in planing form :

product description tot cost

project name

P1 A 1500
      p2 B 1700
      p3 C 1800

in obiee report :

product description

project name

P1 16 1500
      p2 17 1700
      p3 19 1800

Somehow , measure's datatype are getting changed from char to number , in OBIEE report.
      By default , the data type for all fact's is Double .I tried changing that to varchar , but result is same .

Do I need to change anything in physical layer / RPD .

OBIEE version : 11.1.1.6
      Essbase version : 11.1.2
        • 1. Re: Fact columns Datatype is changing from char to int in OBIEE 11g
          Robert Angel
          Your A,B,C values feel like they should live in a dimension, not a Fact.

That aside check the physical table in the repository, query data back through the repository tool and see what values you see.

It might be worth getting the repository to check the table against the DB.

Failing that drop the physical table and reimport, making sure to make the logical table back to the newly imported physical source.

regards,

Robert.
          • 2. Re: Fact columns Datatype is changing from char to int in OBIEE 11g
            sayak
            Hi ,

Thanks for your reply . To confirm , the data type of product description column is "double" in essbase .

I found out ,thers's a RDBMS table , consisting of two columns - ID, text value . where product description's are in text value's with the corresponding ID's(integer values) .
            Now , when I am creating a form in planning , its fetching the text values of product description (there's some inbulit setting's available for this in plannng) .

However , in obiee its fetching the ID values of product description .

So ,
            1. Is there any similer setting I can do for OBIEE , so that it's fetches only text value's of product description .
            2. If not , then I have to join the essbase fact table with this RDBMS table . I am not sure how to do it .