7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2013 11:59 PM by WaqarAhmed RSS

OIM's Trusted Source

jmft2012
      I have OIM11g and OID11g, and setup OID as the ldap during configuring OIM. OIM pulls the new or changes of the identities via the LDAP Reconciliation jobs from OID.
      There is also the LDAP provision to OID from OIM running auto out of the box.

Can we say the OID is the OIM's trusted source?
        • 1. Re: OIM's Trusted Source
          S.K.N
          Make sure the "Trusted Source" check box has checked in OID's Resource Object.
          • 2. Re: OIM's Trusted Source
            jmft2012
            S.K.N wrote:
            Make sure the "Trusted Source" check box has checked in OID's Resource Object.
            Please provide the direction to check that from the oim admin console.

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: OIM's Trusted Source
              Rajiv Dewan
              There is also the LDAP provision to OID from OIM running auto out of the box
              Go to Adminitration Console > Search User > Select User > Click that user > Go to Resources Tab

What do you see here ?

If you see LDAP/OID resource there then it means that resource is configured as Target Resource.

Also, which task do you run to bring changes fromOID/LDAP to OIM. Is it trusted reconciliation o target reconciliation task ?

Guide also tells about configuring OID/LDAP as trusted resurce. Do you see those configuration in your system ?
              • 4. Re: OIM's Trusted Source
                jmft2012
                Rajiv Dewan wrote:
                There is also the LDAP provision to OID from OIM running auto out of the box
                Go to Adminitration Console > Search User > Select User > Click that user > Go to Resources Tab

What do you see here ?

If you see LDAP/OID resource there then it means that resource is configured as Target Resource.

Also, which task do you run to bring changes fromOID/LDAP to OIM. Is it trusted reconciliation o target reconciliation task ?

Guide also tells about configuring OID/LDAP as trusted resurce. Do you see those configuration in your system ?
                selected a user's Resources Tab, it shows the provisioned the resource of the target Application.

And as I stated in the beginning "OIM pulls the new or changes of the identities via the LDAP Reconciliation jobs from OID.".
                The Reconciliation Jobs are out of the box jobs.

So can we say the OID is OIM's trusted source?
                • 5. Re: OIM's Trusted Source
                  Rajiv Dewan
                  selected a user's Resources Tab, it shows the provisioned the resource of the target Application
                  Don't get confused between LDAP Synch and Trusted Source. Whatever target system which you can see as Provisioned, is not Trusted (but a target system can also be work as Trusted in certain conditions).

I don't think that it is Trusted. Go through the below link to know more about these reconciliations:

http://rajivdewan.blogspot.com/2010/07/reconciliation-it-is-process-of.html
                  • 6. Re: OIM's Trusted Source
                    jmft2012
                    Rajiv Dewan wrote:
                    selected a user's Resources Tab, it shows the provisioned the resource of the target Application
                    Don't get confused between LDAP Synch and Trusted Source. Whatever target system which you can see as Provisioned, is not Trusted (but a target system can also be work as Trusted in certain conditions).

I don't think that it is Trusted. Go through the below link to know more about these reconciliations:

http://rajivdewan.blogspot.com/2010/07/reconciliation-it-is-process-of.html
                    I looked your site. I believe what I explained the OID is the trusted source of OIM.
                    • 7. Re: OIM's Trusted Source
                      WaqarAhmed
                      Please note if OID change is updating the user form after reconciliation then this is trusted. If the process form associated with the OID resource object is updated by OID reconciliation then this is target resource rather trusted source.
                      Hope the answer.

Thanks,
                      Waqar Ahmed