This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 5:51 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Occupation DJ?
    sonyabarry Guru Moderator
    Currently Being Moderated
    Cool tips. Thanks! I'm also definitely looking for ideas to tighten up the moderator guidelines. There are a couple of things I've seen that I think should be handled better across the board - mods should say why they are locking threads, for example.

I don't think anything we're doing is going to impact SSO with the upgrade, but I'll keep an eye out for it in testing.
  • 16. Re: Occupation DJ?
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    sonyabarry wrote:
    ...I'm also definitely looking for ideas to tighten up the moderator guidelines. There are a couple of things I've seen that I think should be handled better across the board - mods should say why they are locking threads, for example.
    A discussion is ongoing in the mod forum dedicated :
    Too much mod
    Feel free to jump in.

Nicolas.
  • 17. Re: Occupation DJ?
    EJP Guru
    'A discussion is ongoing in the mod forum dedicated', to which I don't have access despite having been a community moderator for about five years, and despite having posted about in this very place on former occasions. If you're going to have a two-speed moderation system don't let me stop you, but don't kid yourself about it that it's a 'moderator's forum'. Or me. It isn't. It's this kind of attitude that caused the problem that started this thread.
  • 18. Re: Occupation DJ?
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    EJP wrote:
    'A discussion is ongoing in the mod forum dedicated', to which I don't have access despite having been a community moderator for about five years, and despite having posted about in this very place on former occasions. If you're going to have a two-speed moderation system don't let me stop you, but don't kid yourself about it that it's a 'moderator's forum'. Or me. It isn't. It's this kind of attitude that caused the problem that started this thread.
    Don't worry EJP, that's a point I've raised on that thread for Sonya to look at, the fact that we seem to have some 'split' moderating team for some reason where some can get in and others can't. It's probably just a stupid technical glitch or something.
  • 19. Re: Occupation DJ?
    Nicolas.Gasparotto Oracle ACE
    EJP wrote:
    I probably don't understand very well what you want to say here. I'm a simple member with some granted rights. Not more. That make me called 'moderator'.
    N-speed level moderation or your own weird situation is not up to me.

Nicolas.
1 2 Previous Next