2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 1:17 PM by ursusca RSS

Integrated capture on Oracle Standard Edition

ursusca
      DB: Oracle 11.2.0.3 Standard Edition (Jan 2013 PSU is installed)

Hi All,

I'm testing GG and have an issue with the Integrated capture (Local deployment). I've set the compatible parameter to 11.2.0.3.0. I've assigned privileges to the Oracle GoldenGate user according to the Oracle Installation and Setup Guide Release 11.2.1 E35957-01 (Table 4-1). When I try to register the extract, I'm getting the following error:

ERROR OGG-01755 Cannot register or unregister EXTRACT EXTTST because of the following SQL error: OCI Error 439. See Extract user privileges in the Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle Installation and Setup Guide.

The OCI error 439 is the ORA-00439: feature not enabled error. Does Oracle GoldenGate support Integrated Capture on Standard Edition? ID 1467874.1 says nothing about Standard Edition.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: Integrated capture on Oracle Standard Edition
          ursusca
          Looks like that the answer is NO. I've installed, the EE software, started the database using new EE $ORACLE_HOME and changed the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and was able to register the extract successfully.

INFO OGG-02003 Extract EXTTST successfully registered with database at SCN 27677923473.

Anyway, is there any document or MOS ID about GG on Standard Edition? Maybe there is a fix for Integrated capture on SE?

Thanks,

Edited by: ursusca on Feb 1, 2013 2:12 PM
          • 2. Re: Integrated capture on Oracle Standard Edition
            ursusca
            The Integrated capture works on SE with the 14551959 patch but I had to rollback all PSU patches to install the patch. I can't install any PSU patches anymore :-):

Conflict with 14551959
            Conflict details:
            $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libserver11.a:/knl.o
            $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libserver11.a:/kkz.o
            $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libserver11.a:/kdlxdup.o
            $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libserver11.a:/kkt.o
            $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libserver11.a:/kdlx.o
            $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libserver11.a:/kdlxdup.o
            $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libserver11.a:/kkt.o

Edited by: ursusca on Feb 1, 2013 2:17 PM