Set profile value permanently

user3715462 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

we have 3 nodes applTop
ap1
ap2
ap3
configure profile IBY_ECAPP_URL to point to ap2 but after running autoconfig, it switched back to ap1.
can you Please provide an oracle note for this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
  • 1. Re: Set profile value permanently
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    user3715462 wrote:
    Hi,

we have 3 nodes applTop
    ap1
    ap2
    ap3
    configure profile IBY_ECAPP_URL to point to ap2 but after running autoconfig, it switched back to ap1.
    can you Please provide an oracle note for this issue.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Please post the details of the application release, database version and OS.

What is the order of AutoConfig you run on those nodes?

If you want the profile to be set to ap2, please run AutoConfig on node ap1/ap3 then the last one should be ap2 and check then.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Set profile value permanently
    user3715462 Newbie
    Thanks Hussein,

is there any other ways to set it up, because some profiles we set at ap1 some at ap2 , we always run autoconfig on ap1 last .
    for now after running autoconfig, we need to update the profiles.

Regards,
  • 3. Re: Set profile value permanently
    user3715462 wrote:
    Thanks Hussein,

is there any other ways to set it up, because some profiles we set at ap1 some at ap2 , we always run autoconfig on ap1 last .
    for now after running autoconfig, we need to update the profiles.

Regards,
    If updating the profile option cannot be done via AutoConfig (since it conflicts with other profile options), then you either need to update it manually or using an API.

How to Change Profile Option Value Without Forms? [ID 943710.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Set profile value permanently
    user3715462 Newbie
    Thanks Hussein,

that is what i use now after running autoconfig to change it back the way it should be , but i do not want to use the procedure every time i run autoconfig.

Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
  • 5. Re: Set profile value permanently
    user3715462 wrote:
    Thanks Hussein,

that is what i use now after running autoconfig to change it back the way it should be , but i do not want to use the procedure every time i run autoconfig.

Thanks for your help.
    Regards,
    I understand. However, I do not think you have an option here since you have many profile options that are set by AutoConfig and some of them point to ap1 and others point to ap2 and this is also controlled by the node where AutoConfig is run last.

What I can suggest is having the context variables set on one of the nodes (let's say ap1) in a way that it contains the correct values of the profile options (so you will have some context variables on ap1 which points to ap2) and run AutoConfig on this node last and see if this works (please try this in a test instance first).

Apart from the above, your option would be updating this profile option manually or via an API (as mentioned before).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 6. Re: Set profile value permanently
    user3715462 Newbie
    Thanks Hussein,
    you recommendation will work ...unfortunately not in my case. According to oracle, the profile IBY_ECAPP_URL uses
    the context variable s_webentryhost and in this case it is a load balancer URL so every time i run autoconfig, the value
    will be replaced with s_webentryhost. i will have to run the profile.save after running autoconfig.

Appreciate your helps.
    Regards
  • 7. Re: Set profile value permanently
    user3715462 wrote:
    Thanks Hussein,
    you recommendation will work ...unfortunately not in my case. According to oracle, the profile IBY_ECAPP_URL uses
    the context variable s_webentryhost and in this case it is a load balancer URL so every time i run autoconfig, the value
    will be replaced with s_webentryhost. i will have to run the profile.save after running autoconfig.

Appreciate your helps.
    Regards
    Thanks for the update!

Regards,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points