3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 2:31 AM by Pk RSS

Concurrent Request Running Long Time

Hi,

The concurrent request which i submitted is running for a long time, which usually completes in 40 minutes. Please give us a solution..

Concurrent Request Submitted : Jan26 and still it is running

DB Version : 10.2.0.4.0
      APP Version : 11.5.10.2

Regards
      Rajesh Thalapaneni..
        • 1. Re: Concurrent Request Running Long Time
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          979871 wrote:
          Hi,

The concurrent request which i submitted is running for a long time, which usually completes in 40 minutes. Please give us a solution..

Concurrent Request Submitted : Jan26 and still it is running

DB Version : 10.2.0.4.0
          APP Version : 11.5.10.2

Regards
          Rajesh Thalapaneni..
          What is the name of the concurrent request?

Is it a seeded or custom one?

Do you have the statistics collected up to date?

Is there any database session associated with the concurrent request? -- Concurrent Processing - How to Find Database Session & Process Associated with a Concurrent Program Which is Currently Running. [ID 735119.1]

Please see old threads for similar discussion and provide the TKPROF file after you enable trace -- https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Long+AND+Concurrent&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Concurrent Request Running Long Time
            Hi Hussein,

Please find the details below..

Concurrent Request Name : SiteStuff DEC12 COGS Accrual Report (SiteStuff Create CSV Extract)

How to find the concurrent request is seeded or custom one

No, We dont have statistics collection

Is there any database session associated with the concurrent request? -- Concurrent Processing - How to Find Database Session & Process Associated with a Concurrent Program Which is Currently Running. [ID 735119.1]

In the above note there is a select query, but when i run the select query it is prompting for a request id then i gave the id but not giving any output as sid or serial#. Please find the details below.

USER is "APPS"
            SQL> SELECT ses.sid,ses.serial# FROM v$session ses,v$process pro WHERE ses.paddr = pro.addr AND pro.spid IN (SELECT oracle_process_id FROM apps.fnd_concurrent_requests WHERE request_id = &request_id);
            Enter value for request_id: 34810295
            old   1: SELECT ses.sid,ses.serial# FROM v$session ses,v$process pro WHERE ses.paddr = pro.addr AND pro.spid IN (SELECT oracle_process_id FROM apps.fnd_concurrent_requests WHERE request_id = &request_id)
            new   1: SELECT ses.sid,ses.serial# FROM v$session ses,v$process pro WHERE ses.paddr = pro.addr AND pro.spid IN (SELECT oracle_process_id FROM apps.fnd_concurrent_requests WHERE request_id = 34810295)

no rows selected

Hussein,

Please tell me how to find the locks of a concurrent request .
            And it is a production so i cannot kill anything with out any approval.

Regards
            Rajesh Thalapaneni
            • 3. Re: Concurrent Request Running Long Time
              Pk
              Check the query in the below link for finding the locks in the instance.

http://appsjagan.blogspot.in/2012/03/query-to-check-for-table-locks.html