4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 3:29 AM by uz_jaswal RSS

Populate Text on User Self Registration request based on input data

uz_jaswal
      Hi,

We have added two custom fields on the Self User registration form, one field is the Organization tax number and other field is organization name. We require that when user enters Organization Tax No., the organization name is populated automatically. We need to show the organization name to the user so that it can be confirmed that they have entered the correct tax number corresponding to their Organization.

Is there anyway this can be done. Please note that both are custom fields and text fields.

Quick response will be appreciated. Thanks.

--
      UZ
        • 1. Re: Populate Text on User Self Registration request based on input data
          idamGod
          Yes this is possible.

You need to create a snadbox and customize self registration page and add two custom attributes. Develop one pre-populate adapter to generate organization name based on org. tax. no.
          • 2. Re: Populate Text on User Self Registration request based on input data
            uz_jaswal
            Is sandbox available in OIM 11.1.1, i think its only available in OIM 11g R2. If it is,can you guide me how to access it?

Thanks.

--
            UZ
            • 3. Re: Populate Text on User Self Registration request based on input data
              idamGod
              If it is OIM11gR1, you need to customize self registration page to add two custom attributes. Develop one pre-populate adapter to generate organization name based on org. tax. no.

Refer this.

http://fusionsecurity.blogspot.com/2011/10/oim-11g-localization-tips.html
              • 4. Re: Populate Text on User Self Registration request based on input data
                uz_jaswal
                I have already done that, i have created custom fields on the user form. Modified the user registration form by making changes to the User Registration form xml file. However, the prepopulate adapter i have created is not working. I have created a simple adapter for testing purposes only. The code is as follows:

public class PrepopulateCompanyName implements PrePopulationAdapter {

public Serializable prepopulate(RequestData requestData) throws RequestServiceException {
                          return "Prepopulated Value";          
                     }
                }

I have referred to the adapter in SelfCreateUserDataset.xml as follows:

<AttributeReference name="Organization_Name" attr-ref="Organization_Name" available-in-bulk="false" type="String" length="100" widget="text" required="false" >
                     <PrePopulationAdapter name="PrepopulateOrgName" classname="com.infotech.tra.CustomValidator.PrepopulateCompanyName"/>
                </AttributeReference>

Please note that the plugin has been registered with OIM. I do not see any exceptions in log file either.

--
                UZ