This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 12:52 PM by 386660 RSS

Script to start/stop all manager sever/Admin server

974733 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Gurus,
I am new bee to weblogic and learning it on daily basic.

I have a scenario and would like to see if this is possible.

We have one server and have couple of applications are running like SOA,OSB, OSR etc. During any downtime, we have to shut down each Admin Server, Manage server one by one and take up. This take time and effort too.

Do we have some options through which we can configure all start/stop script in one file and do this work with few clicks. server shout down should be clean and take care of node manager recycle also.

Could you please advise me on this or pls point me towards some already documented solution. I goggled this but did not find.
  • 1. Re: Script to start/stop all manager sever/Admin server
    386660 Newbie
    Hi,
    I asked the same question to an Oracle Architect, and the answear is to call WL scripts inside a custom script:
    example: to start a managed server, Oracle provide startManagedWebLogic.sh (startManagedWebLogic.cmd) by default.
    so the command is startManagedWebLogic.cmd server_name listen_Admin_server

so just put all those command one after other in a script.
  • 2. Re: Script to start/stop all manager sever/Admin server
    974733 Newbie
    Thanks radoui for your response.

I see this approach as the default one.. Could you please advice me whats the correct sequence of shutting down the servers including node manager and starting back.

Like I have SOA installed.
    So First I have to take down SOA managed server followed by Admin server and then node manager ..? Let me know if this is not correct.

I still have doubt on this approach as if, managed server failed to stop and means while script will take down admin server and so on..
  • 3. Re: Script to start/stop all manager sever/Admin server
    386660 Newbie
    here is a nice web that answers to a lot of questions about WL startup and shutdown :

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15051_01/wls/docs103/server_start/overview.html#wp1069184

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points