This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 9:31 AM by MCHARPEN RSS

DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT

PeterGC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello again,

This is a any possible way to use the client dispositive, in the Oracle paquet DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT?

Thank,

Regards.
  • 1. Re: DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT
    stefan nebesnak Journeyer
    Can you clear your Requirement ?

DBMS_CRYPTO is intended to replace the DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT (prior to Oracle 10g), since it is easier to use and supports a range of algorithms accommodating both new and existing systems.

The DBMS_CRYPTO package enables encryption and decryption large objects (CLOB, BLOB), such as images and sound.
    See DBMS_CRYPTO and DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT Feature Comparison

(The DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT is granted to PUBLIC by default. Oracle Corporation strongly recommends that you revoke this grant.)
    (Do not use DBMS_RANDOM as it is unsuitable for cryptographic key generation.)
  • 2. Re: DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT
    PeterGC Newbie
    Hello all,

Good morning from Canary Island ;)

My case is the following:

Actually, we are work with Oracle Lite. We have one database Oracle 10g in central, and our device have Oracle Lite.

En la base de datos central quiero utilizar un paquete para encriptar, por ejemplo, DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT o cómo tú dices "DBMS_CRYPTO".

In the central database, i will use to encrypt a package, for example, DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT, or how you say "DBMS_CRYPTO".

My question is:

There is a package in Oracle Lite that can be used to decrypt the encrypted fields in central database?

Thank you.

Regards.
  • 3. Re: DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT
    PeterGC Newbie
    Hello again,

Could someone help me with this problem, please?

Thank,
  • 4. Re: DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT
    MCHARPEN Expert
    Hi Peter,

It is not possible to use PLSQL package with ORacle Lite DB.

Oracle Lite Does not provide API in the Database to encrypt a particular column, but you can encrypt the full olite DB.

You can plug-in a custom encryption module for the Oracle Lite database by adding the EXTERNAL_ENCRYPTION_DLL parameter to the POLITE.INI configuration file. Use this if you do not want to use the default AES encryption provided for the client database.

You must either implement your encryption module into a DLL for the Windows environment or into a Shared Object (.SO) for the UNIX environment.

For example, if you created the encryption module as a DLL called my_enc.dll, which is located in the C:\my_dir directory, then you would add this module as the default encryption module in the POLITE.INI configuration file, as follows:

[All Databases]
    EXTERNAL_ENCRYPTION_DLL=C:\my_dir\my_enc.dll

For more information, see Section 14.3, "Providing Your Own Encryption Module for the Client Oracle Lite Database".

Regards.
    Marc

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points