This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 7:23 AM by tony.lee RSS

FDM Validate step failed

tony.lee Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear all,
I come across a problem when loading data from DB table. The "Import" step is successful, but the "Validate" step doesn't pass without no error information promped.Here is the result created after "Import" step:
Header: Source FM Entity Source FM Account Account Description Source Icp Source Custom1 Source Custom2 Source Custom3 Amount
Content: EastSales SalesTP SalesTP [ICP None] [None] [None] [None] 13.14
and here is the result created after "Validate" step:
Header: FM Entity FM Account View Icp Custom1 From Custom To Custom Amount
Content: YTD 13.14

During the "Validate" step,only dimension "View" and Amount get the content,others get nothing,could anyone tell me what's wrong with the validate step?
Any advices are appreciated!
  • 1. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    JeffJon Expert
    Do you have mapping for each of the dimensions in the application?
  • 2. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    tony.lee Newbie
    yes,I do have mapping for each of the dimensions in the application,active the custom dimensions and change the label name to customed name
  • 3. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    user10757003 Journeyer
    Have you got more than one adaptor listed? If so, has the location you are processing got the speciific adaptor name needed entered in the location record?
  • 4. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    tony.lee Newbie
    hi,I check the location setings,and I found the "General"->"Target Adapter" property was set to none, I clicked the check list,there is no adapter for me to select,is that mean the adapter I didnot register correctly? I use the FDM version 11.1.2.2, adapter is FM11X-G6-A,target system is HFM ,version is also 11.1.2.2
    thanks!
  • 5. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    SH Guru
    If you only have one adpter in your apllication this dropdown will always be set to none as that adapter will be the Global adapter, you'll only get to select adapters if you have more than one. If your adapter failed to register you would not be able to connect to HFM. The easiest way to check this is to go to the Control tables and if an error is returned you have not registered or configured the adapter correctly.
  • 6. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    tony.lee Newbie
    Hi,SH,thanks for reply!
    The control table is ok, no error prompt. and I wonder you want me to check the map if the target in the map can be selected without error that mean register correctly?
    the map is also ok,so wired
  • 7. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    tony.lee Newbie
    IF the "import" Step is ok ,is that mean the load script is correct and the script has nothing to do with the failure of the "validate" step?
    and in the source table ,i do not define the value and view dimension, the value dimension is set to <entity currency> as default,am i right?
  • 8. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    user10757003 Journeyer
    I noticed in the original details you posted that there was no custom4 member. Should there be? I think there has been previous posts regarding the default HFM adaptor in some versoins of V11 not having the custom4 dimension set to active. what cusotm members are active for the target?
  • 9. Re: FDM Validate step failed
    tony.lee Newbie
    there are two custom dimensions actived by default,so I active another one for the third dimension. UD1 for "Custom1" ,UD2 for "From Custom" ,and UD3 for "To Custom"
    Click here to view the specific steps:
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_95662f9b0101jml5.html

Edited by: tony.lee on 2013-2-11 上午7:22

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points