4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 3:21 PM by Dird RSS

PL/SQL component align right

Dird
      Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to align "Reports Region" PL/SQL components next to each other. I have 2 belonging to the same parent but they are displayed below each other.
      I tried float:right in my HTP.p code and align=right in the "Region HTML table cell attributes" but it doesn't work~

I would have though this overrides any template because I'm declaring it lower down the hierarchy (e.g. afaik CSS dictates that if I declare color=blue inline then it overrides some generic declaration in class B of color="red" even though I have <div class="B" style="color:red")

I'm reluctant to change the template since it could have adverse effects elsewhere and I just need it for this page
        • 1. Re: PL/SQL component align right
          fac586
          Dird wrote:
          Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to align "Reports Region" PL/SQL components next to each other. I have 2 belonging to the same parent but they are displayed below each other.
          I tried float:right in my HTP.p code and align=right in the "Region HTML table cell attributes" but it doesn't work~
          <tt>align</tt> is deprecated and should not be used.
          I would have though this overrides any template because I'm declaring it lower down the hierarchy (e.g. afaik CSS dictates that if I declare color=blue inline then it overrides some generic declaration in class B of color="red" even though I have &lt;div class="B" style="color:red")

I'm reluctant to change the template since it could have adverse effects elsewhere and I just need it for this page
          As I know you know, you get a faster, more effective response by including required relevant information as possible upfront. For visual layout problems this is:

<li>Full APEX version
          <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
          <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
          <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
          <li>Theme
          <li>Region and component template(s) used
          <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

The best way to get assistance with layout and visual formatting problems is to create an example apex.oracle.com where we can actually get hands on with it.

See:

<li>{message:id=9212293}
          <li>{thread:id=2155320}

The most frequent cause of problems with subregion positioning is that covered in the second link: a No Template setting for the subregions means there's no container element for region attributes to be applied to.
          • 2. Re: PL/SQL component align right
            Dird
            This is an example of the idea: http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=2931:1:11727396585709:::::

APEX 4. APEX online doesn't have the same themes but I guess the same fix will apply regardless of theme.

It should work in both IE & FF

Nobody has a fix? :(

Mike

Edited by: Dird on Feb 4, 2013 7:58 PM
            • 3. Re: PL/SQL component align right
              fac586
              Dird wrote:
              This is an example of the idea: http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=2931:1:11727396585709:::::

APEX 4. APEX online doesn't have the same themes but I guess the same fix will apply regardless of theme.
              No, it won't. It depends on the region templates used.
              • 4. Re: PL/SQL component align right
                Dird
                fac586 wrote:
                Dird wrote:

No, it won't. It depends on the region templates used.
                Dynamic PL/SQL report with Reports Region

Mike