This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 2:09 AM by Kirsten RSS

Multilanguage Applications Deployment

Kirsten Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I'm trying to deploy my multilanguage APEX-application.

I did every step needed to make work my application in different languages
shared components => Map your primary language ...
=> Seeding...
=> Publish translated application ...

It works fine on development system.

Now I want to deploy my application on different systems. The application-id of the main-application on test-system is different than the id on the development-system.

How is the procedere to import the application with all translated applications?

Best regards,,
Kirsten

(APEX 4.0.2)
  • 1. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    j.gauger Newbie
    Hello Kirsten,

have you set the preference "Export Translations" to Yes in the "Export Application" form?

Regards,
    Jens
  • 2. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    Kirsten Newbie
    Hello Jens,

thank you very much for your answer.

I don't see any preference "Export Translation" in the "Export Application" form.

Could you explain where I find it?

And if I understand well I must not change the application id. But in our production system the ID is not the same.

(Apex translation vs. export/import

Best regards,
    Kirsten

Edited by: Kirsten on 04.02.2013 03:42
  • 3. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    j.gauger Newbie
    Hello Kirsten,

Sorry, i didn't pay attention to your Apex version. The preference i mentioned is available since version 4.1 only.

For your version you must retain the application ID of the main and translated applications. If you change your application id on deployment, you need to recreate a new translation mapping and have to walk through all the necessary steps to create a translated application again.

Jens
  • 4. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    Kirsten Newbie
    Hello Jens,

and in APEX 4.1 this is no problem if the application ID has changed in the production system?

This would be a reason to upgrade to APEX 4.1.

Kirsten
  • 5. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    663055 Explorer
    You can use the following tool: http://iadvise.be/xtra4o

You have to do the translations one time in there. Then you can store your translations into a library.

When you go to production you can export the xliff file from the production application and load it into the tool, then apply the dictionary and export the xliff file again. Then reupload it on your production machine. (it shouldn't matter if the application number changed).
  • 6. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    Kirsten Newbie
    Hi Raafje,

I think my problem is that in production I don't have the translated applications.
    They exist in the development system but when I export the main application and import it with another ID in the production system the translated applications aren't included.

Do you have any idea how to resolve this problem?

Thank you,
    Kirsten
  • 7. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    663055 Explorer
    Hey,

Just create the language mapping on production, do a seed, and then export the untranslated xliff.
    Then upload it in to the tool, and you can autofill it with the translations you made for the development environment. (provied you added those in the tool first)
  • 8. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    Kirsten Newbie
    Hey,

the problem is that I can't create a language mapping on production manually. It must be done dynamically by a script but I couldn't find at the moment a procedure or function (for example in wwv_flow_translation_utilities) which provides this.

Best regards,
    Kirsten
  • 9. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    663055 Explorer
    why can't you do it manually? you don't have access to the workspace?
    (if you do it's shared components , translations , create a mapping there)

I took a look at the translations package (in apex 4.1) and my best guess would be that it is the procedure flow_copy.
    But i wouldn't advise doing it that way, i don't think oracle supports things like that :-)
  • 10. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    Kirsten Newbie
    Hey Raafje,

we deliver our system (containing some APEX-applications, each with some translated applications) to several clients on several systems (test 1, test 2,...).
    That's why it must be done dynamically.

I tried flow_copy but got the error

Error at line 1
    ORA-06550: Zeile 2, Spalte 1:
    PLS-00201: identifier 'APEX_040000.WWV_FLOW_TRANSLATION_UTILITIES' must be declared
    ORA-06550: Zeile 2, Spalte 1:
    PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Maybe I did something wrong?

Best regards,
    Kirsten
  • 11. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    663055 Explorer
    grant missing?
  • 12. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    Kirsten Newbie
    I had to set the securitiy group first and then start wwv_flow_translation_utilities.flow_copy.

apex_040000.wwv_flow_translation_utilities.flow_copy (117,11701,'my_apex_en','en');

Now a new application has been created.

The main application ID is 117.
    The new application ID is 11701.

The new application is shown in the application builder. Every page has the number 1.11701, 2.11701 etc.. Seems to be good.

Now I tried to call wwv_flow_translation_utilities.seed_and_publish but I get the error

ORA-20001: Unable to find en translation of application 117

It seems there is no relation between the main application 117 and the new application 11701.

Do you have any idea?

Best regards,
    Kirsten

Edited by: Kirsten on 05.02.2013 02:44
  • 13. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    663055 Explorer
    I think something went wrong then, you're not supposed to see the translated application inside the application builder as a separate application.

Edited by: Raafje on Feb 5, 2013 1:36 PM
  • 14. Re: Multilanguage Applications Deployment
    Hari_639 Guru
    Hello Kirsten,
    They exist in the development system but when I export the main application and import it with another ID in the production system the translated applications aren't included
    When you export main application, you will only get main application. In latest versions of APEX ( 4.1 or later), you have option to specify whehter to include all translated application as-well or not. In earlier versions, you have to manually export all translated applications by yourself and you need to install them on Production environment. I do this regularly for our applications. Fortunately we use same application ids in all environments. So I have not tested with different application ids.

Regards,
    Hari
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points