2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 1:59 AM by Indrajeet K RSS

storing text in data cell by BR or calc script in Hyperion Planning

Indrajeet K
      Hi Gurus,

I want to store text in a datacell which will generate from BR or calc script for the planning application.
      In my planning application, from dataform I can input the text in any cell by creating member as text Data type, but i need this text to be stored from calc script or BR.
        • 1. Re: storing text in data cell by BR or calc script in Hyperion Planning
          Jake Turrell
          I don't think you would want to approach this using a text data type (simply entering text into a cell in a data form). This type of text is stored in a table called HSP_TEXT_CELL_VALUE. There are two columns in this table (TEXT_ID and VALUE). TEXT_ID is an integer that gets incremented every time another value is inserted into the table. So if you wanted to populate a cell with text via a business rule, that text value would already need to be in this table, and you would need to be able to deduce the TEXT_ID to populate in Essbase (via the business rule). You couldn't simply insert a value in this table because you could not predict an appropriate (unused) TEXT_ID.

Assuming you had a set of predefined text values you wanted to use, a SmartList would be more appropriate, because the administrator can control the index associated with the text value.

Hope this helps,
          - Jake
          • 2. Re: storing text in data cell by BR or calc script in Hyperion Planning
            Indrajeet K
            Thanks Jake,

As essbase donot handle text in datacell, so as calc scripts and BR, but I am looking somthing above of essbase, in the Planning interface.

Actually I need to generate a unique code (string or text) in a Planning datacell, which will be combination of text field and the member chosen by the user. So by just viewing the unique code I can get to know about text filed and member. In that reference I would need this requirement.

Any luck to archive this requirement.

Indrajeet k