This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 1:43 AM by Benoît RSS

Regarding displaying  report with presentation  hierarchy

980436 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have a problem > When i am creating report in bi answers . the presentation hierarchy is event -> promotion_id -> item_no in one dimension

Another dimension having levels promotion_id -> promo_start_date -> promo_end_date .

I need to display -> event
-> promo_id promo_start_date promo_end_date
-> item_no

To get above report i drag event hierarchy from event dimension and promo_start_date ,promo_end_date from promotion_hierarchy .But it displays following way

-> event promo_start_date promo_end_date
-> promotion_id promo_start_date promo_end_date
-> item_no promo_start_date promo_end_date
But i want restrict promo_start_date ,promo_end_date to promotion level only.

Could someone please let me what to do to keep promo_start_date and promo_end_date to display when i drill down to promotion_id only not to event or not at item_no level.

Should i change in RPD file or in BI answers . It is an urgent issue.

Thanks,
Lakshmi Kanth

Edited by: 977433 on Feb 4, 2013 4:51 AM
  • 1. Re: Regarding displaying  report with presentation  hierarchy
    Benoît Journeyer
    Hi,

You could maybe create a new field which is the concatenation of promotion_id, promo start date and promo end date and use it in your hierarchy event -> new field (promotion_id + promo_start_date + promo_end_date) -> item_no

Regards,

Benoit
  • 2. Re: Regarding displaying  report with presentation  hierarchy
    980436 Newbie
    Hi Benoit,

Thanks a lot for prompt reply .But still i have a doubt .In order to concatenate (promotion_id + promo_start_date + promo_end_date) in event hierarchy These three levels should be part of one dimension as far as i know . In my case one dimension contain levels event ->promotion_id ->item_no

another dimension contain promotion_id ->promo_start_date ->promo_end_date .

what shall i do . Do i need to create one dimension contain all values or is there any another possible of creating hierarchy using two dimension .Even i googled for creating one hierarchy using two dimension but went in vain.

please do the needful in this regard.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi Kanth
  • 3. Re: Regarding displaying  report with presentation  hierarchy
    Benoît Journeyer
    Hi Lakshmi,

You have two possibilities :
    - You create a new field which is the concatenation of promotion_id + promo_start_date + promo_end_date and after you change the hierarchy event --> promo_id --> item no : you add the new concatenate field at the second level (now promo_id) and you remove the promo_id. So you change the hierarchy event.
    - otherwise you could test to add the promo_start_date and promo_end_date at the second level of the hierarchy event. So you will have 3 fields at the level promo_id.

Regards,

Benoit

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points