9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 11:08 AM by Basundhara

FDM/HFM Data Load

I've inherited a company's Hyperion and i'm an essbase user who's now doing HFM work.

A user wants load access to a specific entity in HFM. Do I:

a) Give user write excess to the security group which the entity is under? or
      b) Do i go in FDM and create a location and link that to HFM?

The entity to which the person would like to load data is not yet a location in FDM (i added the new entity last week). (Using (FM/FDM 11..1.2.1, SQL db, Windows OS)

Please Help!!
        • 1. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load

a) Yes. Even if they have FDM access to a location that maps to the HFM entity, they will be unable to actually export/load the data to HFM without proper security access.
          b) This depends slightly. If the new entity is loaded as a piece of an existing location/ledger, you may just have to update the Entity map for the existing location. If it's an entirely new company, then you may go the whole nine yards and create the FDM location, maps, and HFM entity, etc.
          • 2. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load

But do i change their security in HFM or FDM? Do i provide them with write/read access to a specific security group or should i change their FDM levels?
            • 3. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load
              Security - both.

HFM - Shared Services / HFM Security file (classic app) create Security Class, assign user* to security class with Write permission, create HFM entity in metadata assigning the entity to the specific security class, upload metadata.
              FDM - Create FDM location (and other stuff needed for that such as import format, etc, etc), go to Administration, go to User Maintenance, find the user and edit, add a new row for the new location, update grid, exit.

*When it comes to HFM and security classes, the quick and dirty way to assign security is to assign the user to the security class directly.  I don't like this because anytime I create a new entity or add a new class, I have to update multiple user accounts for the new classes.....  I generally manage security by groups.  For each security class, I create and assign a group to have access to the class.  For parent entities, I assign their group to be members to any of their first level children groups.  Then I simply add the users to the proper group and they automatically pickup access to everything beneath that level.  Add a new class?  All you have to update is the parent group directly above the new class and everything else automatically works.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
              • 4. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load
                Unless it has been fixed, new FDM users cannot be attached to a group. It does not list the user in the user list in FDM when you go in to createthe new user record.
                • 5. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load
                  My comment about groups was in regards to HFM security, not FDM.

But speaking of FDM, if you are running v11 and not 9.3.1, you create the FDM user and provision them to the FDM application via Shared Services.

Sorry I forgot about that!
                  • 6. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load
                    But the user already has write access to the security group the entity is under. Also, the entity i created was a simply addition to a dimension, so therefore there's no need to create a new location right? The user already has FDM access to the correct app. Therefore the issue is with mapping?
                    • 7. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load

Yes if a current location will be processing this entity AND all of the proper security is in place, the issue is most likely with mapping. Your entity map would need to be updated to recognize what constitutes this new entity.

• 8. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load
                        I've contacted the FDM group. They have yet to update the locations. Also from my end he is in the correct locations and has write access to the security group. Its FDM.
                        • 9. Re: FDM/HFM Data Load

I am creating a BUD_Customs input form of following POV

Scenario                   BUD_CTM
                          Year  {[Hierarchy]}(Selectable)
                          Period  Column
                          View  Periodic
                          Entity  {Entity.[Hierarchy]}(Selectable)
                          Value                   <Entity Currency>
                          Account  Row
                          ICP                    [ICP None]
                          Custom1                    99(Ending value)
                          Custom2                   [None]
                          Custom3                   [None]
                          Custom4                   0LIA020(Package input)

For A/c dimension, which is set in row, for row 41 to 44, the data will be get through another df, which is Actual_P/L_Input. So I need to set Override to get the data to my customs duty form.
                          Which I set (41, 44, S#ACT_DG.C4#PKG), Still data is nt coming to BUD_CTM df through ACT_PL input.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions! pls help.