2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 2:00 AM by Frank Nimphius-Oracle RSS

ADF Mobile: iOS app development question

Vik Kumar
      I know i can deploy the same app to iOS by creating a deployment profile. However, I am little confused on this based on tutorials.

So, the question is can i develop a ADF Mobile app on a windows machine and keep testing it on a android device and once satisfied can just create a deployment profile and deploy to iOS ?

what could be the possible issues?

how much it is important to test it on an actual iOS device during development ?

Also does iOS emulator work on windows machine as i am seeing in tutorial to use a mac and install xCode.
        • 1. Re: ADF Mobile: iOS app development question
          user404
          Vik2 wrote:
          I know i can deploy the same app to iOS by creating a deployment profile. However, I am little confused on this based on tutorials.

So, the question is can i develop a ADF Mobile app on a windows machine and keep testing it on a android device and once satisfied can just create a deployment profile and deploy to iOS ?

how much it is important to test it on an actual iOS device during development ?

Also does iOS emulator work on windows machine as i am seeing in tutorial to use a mac and install xCode.
          You can't test/deploy iOS apps on a Windows. You will need a Mac with XCode.

In general, the apps you develop will run very smooth on iOS (better then Android). So you could asume everything works fine in iOS.
          However, you should test it to be sure. Since there are some minor differences between iOS and Android.
          • 2. Re: ADF Mobile: iOS app development question
            Frank Nimphius-Oracle
            Hi,

deploying on iOS requires the iOS SDK and an Apple developer licencse for signing. This said, you need a MAC to create a deployment for iOS.

As with browsers and big ADF: In theory all works the same and the framework takes care of possible platform differences. In practice, especially if you run a business, you want to QA test the application on all platforms you want to support with your application. In the best case, you don't find a problem and all works as expected. However, if for whatever reason there is a difference, you would be happy to have run the test

Frank