This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 1:30 AM by JohnWatson RSS

Help Required

Bobby468 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Can anybody tell me how the data will be fetched from the database based upon the query

i.e. if we give select * from emp it retrives all the records that were present in the emp table how this can be done...

Thanks,
Regards,
Brahmaji
  • 1. Re: Help Required
    jeneesh Guru
    Question is not clear..

Are you looking for the internals of the SELECT ?

Read the Docs
  • 2. Re: Help Required
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    Read this
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B10500_01/appdev.920/a96590/adg08sql.htm
  • 3. Re: Help Required
    Bobby468 Newbie
    Thank you yar

I m looking for sql Developer Certification can you provide me any tutorials for that
  • 4. Re: Help Required
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    Download or buy this book for certification
    OCA Oracle Database 11g:
    SQL Fundamentals I
    Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-051)
    John Watson
    Roopesh Ramklass
  • 5. Re: Help Required
    Bobby468 Newbie
    hey rahul i m looking for 10g can u provide me the book preferably an indian author
  • 6. Re: Help Required
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    10g is on it's way out... 11g is the latest and 12c is just around the corner. Why would you want to learn old technology?
    Learn the latest and it will include the old stuff anyway.
  • 7. Re: Help Required
    Bobby468 Newbie
    het blushadow can i get your gmail id i m having some doubts to get clarified and i need help for that
  • 8. Re: Help Required
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    Bobby468 wrote:
    het blushadow can i get your gmail id i m having some doubts to get clarified and i need help for that
    Asking for email- id is not allowed.One of the author is Indian.It is a very good for basic sql .It will cover almost all the topics of 10g .Why do you want to learn a old technology?
    Just go with 11g certification.It will have much more value than 10g.
  • 9. Re: Help Required
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    Bobby468 wrote:
    No, you can ask anything you want on these forums and everybody can help you.
    I am not a personal support desk and neither is anyone else. I (and everyone else) have my own work to do, and I will choose what and when I offer my support, directly on these forums. It's considered rude to assume you can contact forum experts directly, as if your issues are going to be more important than other people's.
  • 10. Re: Help Required
    Bobby468 Newbie
    can you help me the database concept behind organising conatcs like contact numbers and other stuff in a website??
  • 11. Re: Help Required
    Rahul_India Journeyer
    How do I ask a question on the forums?
    SQL and PL/SQL FAQ
  • 12. Re: Help Required
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    Bobby468 wrote:
    can you help me the database concept behind organising conatcs like contact numbers and other stuff in a website??
    Have you gathered the 'requirements' yet, from the business side?
    Once you have business requirements you need to model your entities. Typically people do this using an Entity Relationship (ER) diagram. This will allow you to look at the relationships between entities and determine whether there is a need to avoid fan traps and suchlike (refer to whichever database design course you attended).
    Once you have an ER diagram at a business level, you can start to translate that into a technical ER diagram, identifying what keys will be required, what columns will be required, and what datatypes those columns should be etc. and ensuring that the tables are correctly normalized.
    That will give you the basic starting point for your database design, and you can start to create your tables in a schema on your database.
    Once you have the tables you can start to look at the supporting infrastructure, such as what sequences will be required, what lookup data (tables) is required, what indexes may be needed by default.
    Then you can start work on your application design.
  • 13. Re: Help Required
    JohnWatson Guru
    Bobby468 wrote:
    hey rahul i m looking for 10g can u provide me the book preferably an indian author
    As you've seen, Roopesh and I wrote the 11g OCP guides. If you really want to study for 10g, you can can still order the equivalent,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oracle-Database-Certification-Guide-Press/dp/0072257903
    --
    John Watson
    Oracle Certified Master
    http://skillbuilders.com

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points