11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 5:22 AM by 902665 RSS

Bad package name of main-class

Hello guys,

after our company have update the jre to the actual version (7u13), our applet throws the following error.

ExitException[ 3]java.lang.SecurityException: Bad package name of main-class
           at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.initAppletAdapter(Unknown Source)
           at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

our jar file look like this:

jar
      -gui
      --Main.fx

To change the name of the package (gui to gui2 as Example) didnt work. How can i solve this problem ?

Hope anybody can help us
        • 1. Re: Bad package name of main-class
          Kayaman
          Is this JavaFX?

What is the package name of Main?
          • 2. Re: Bad package name of main-class
            Yes, it is javafx (1.3.1) , but i thought, it is a general problem, so i posted it here in this forum. Our new version of this applet(with javafx2.2) is not ready to use at the moment, so i must fix this problem.

the jar file have the name Persoware. So the jar file look like this:

Persoware.jar
            - gui (Folder /package-name)
            --Main.fx

the Main.fx look like this:
            package gui;
            import controls.CustomStage;
            import persoware.Versioning;

/**
             * @author maier
             */

public class Main extends CustomStage{

init{
                    var design:MainWindow = MainWindow{};
                    this.title = "Persoware {Versioning.getMajorRelease()}.{Versioning.getMinorRelease()}";
                    this.scene = design.getDesignScene();
                }
            }

function run (): Void {
                Main{};
            }
            • 3. Re: Bad package name of main-class
              kmacdona
              I don't have a solution yet, but we are also seeing the same exception when launching a JavaFX 1.3.1 based app via Java Web Start.
              • 4. Re: Bad package name of main-class
                EJP
                What are you guys specifying as the main class?
                • 5. Re: Bad package name of main-class
                  the main-class is in my opinion the class, which have the run-method to start the hole applet. In my case it is the Main.fx .
                  • 6. Re: Bad package name of main-class
                    EJP
                    How are you specifying it? What are you writing?
                    • 7. Re: Bad package name of main-class
                      My Main.fx - code can you see in my second post here in this thread. In Netbeans, under projectproperties-> run, you must register it.
                      • 8. Re: Bad package name of main-class
                        Csiourba-Oracle
                        The main-class used in our JavaFX 1.3.1 based app launched by WebStart is:
                        <application-desc main-class="com.sun.javafx.runtime.main.Main">
                        • 9. Re: Bad package name of main-class
                          EJP
                          899662 wrote:
                          My Main.fx - code can you see in my second post here in this thread.
                          Once again that's not what I asked. I can see what you've already posted.
                          In Netbeans, under projectproperties-> run, you must register it.
                          Register what? That's what I asked before. Twice.

Your question is about 'bad package name of main-class', yet you haven't told us what the value of the main-class attribute actually is. You can't possibly get any assistance here until you do.
                          • 10. Re: Bad package name of main-class
                            Pmgrundy-Oracle
                            This bug is apparently caused by a security update in Java 7U13. It now blocks unsigned, sandboxed applications (either applets or Java WebStart applications) from running. The error that is shown is a bit deceptive but at the root it is a signing issue.

To work with it you need to sign your jars and add the following to your jnlp file:

<security>
                            <all-permissions/>
                            </security>

Unfortunately the alternative seems to be to stick with an earlier version of 7 or use JRE 6.

I have not got my project working properly yet with U13 but this seems to be the way to go.
                            • 11. Re: Bad package name of main-class
                              Sorry, some days, i stand right beside me. ;)

The main class is the same like csiourba posted before. I tried the solution of pmgrundy, but it didn't work for me. Actually, we will still work with 7u11 and try the next update, which will come in the next days.