This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 7:59 AM by sb92075 RSS

Need Help - Installation Oracle 10g

R Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I have successfully installed Oracle 10g from the following link.
"http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/developer-suite/downloads/index.html" =>Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2) =>Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2) (including Forms and Designer) for Windows.
Then i have pasted the Tnsentries in "D:\DevSuiteHome_2\BIN" folder. I am able to connect to the SQL Plus but not the report builder and Forms builder, getting message "ORA:12154: TNS Could nor resolve the conncet identifier specified."
I think i should also paste the tns entries in Network/Admin/NET80, but i am not able to find this folders..
Can anyone please let me know the reason.
Thanks,
  • 1. Re: Need Help - Installation Oracle 10g
    sb92075 Guru
    R wrote:
    Hi All,

I have successfully installed Oracle 10g from the following link.
    "http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/developer-suite/downloads/index.html" =>Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2) =>Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2) (including Forms and Designer) for Windows.
    Then i have pasted the Tnsentries in "D:\DevSuiteHome_2\BIN" folder. I am able to connect to the SQL Plus but not the report builder and Forms builder, getting message "ORA:12154: TNS Could nor resolve the conncet identifier specified."
    I think i should also paste the tns entries in Network/Admin/NET80, but i am not able to find this folders..
    Can anyone please let me know the reason.
    NET80 refers to V8 Oracle which is old version that you do not have.

Open Command Window on DB Server & issue following OS commands

lsnrctl status
    lsnrctl service

COPY the results from above then PASTE all back here

copy tnsname.ora file from DB ORACLE_HOME into Forms ORACLE_HOME

ORA-12154 ALWAYS only occurs on SQL Client & no SQL*Net packets ever leave client system
    ORA-12154 NEVER involves the listener, the database itself or anything on the DB Server.
    ORA-12154 occurs when client requests a connection to some DB server system using some connection string.
    TNS-03505 is thrown by tnsping & is same error as ORA-12154 thrown by sqlplus or others.
    The lookup operation fails because the name provided can NOT be resolved to any remote DB.
    The analogous operation would be when you wanted to call somebody, but could not find their name in any phonebook.
    The most frequent cause for the ORA-12154 error is when the connection alias can not be found in tnsnames.ora.
    The lookup operation of the alias can be impacted by the contents of the sqlnet.ora file; specifically DOMAIN entry.
    TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE: ORA-12154 & TNS-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name [ID 114085.1]
    http://edstevensdba.wordpress.com/2011/02/26/ora-12154tns-03505/
  • 2. Re: Need Help - Installation Oracle 10g
    R Newbie
    No Issues, i could able to find the Network /Admin Folder, it is all SET now
  • 3. Re: Need Help - Installation Oracle 10g
    sb92075 Guru
    R wrote:
    No Issues, i could able to find the Network /Admin Folder, it is all SET now
    HUH?

does DATABASE & Developer Suite reside on same computer system?

How do I ask a question on the forums?
    SQL and PL/SQL FAQ

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points