This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2013 7:39 AM by gimbal2 RSS

de- and new installation of Java no longer possible

strix-Oracle Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
The urgently recommended automatic security update of Java (Version 7_10 to Version 7_13) failed.
Windows became instable until windows system recovery

The Java Icon (coffee cup) is not displayed in control panel

Visible are software deposits

Now neither Java deinstallation (via control panel - software) nor Java New installation of the
recent version is possible, as for de- and new installation, error messages are displayed

Java instruction for deinstallation via control panel- software-remove is not working

any hints how to solve?
  • 1. Re: de- and new installation of Java no longer possible
    992903 Newbie
    Hello,

Unfortunately you are not mentioning your operation system. I still use windows XP sp3. I have the same problem since 2 years exactly. I used jdk 6.19 because no installation of any new version was possible. Only the jre could be installed without problems. I allways got a crash in the moment where I wanted to choose the directory.
    Now I found out that - at least in the last cases - the DPE of windows is blocking the installation and data cannot be written therefore.
    I cannot uninstall java and reinstall it, so when ever I do this I would have to reinstall all my 180 applications!!!

Noone replied to my last questions in this forum. I hope it will be different now
    and someone will help us!!

Thommy7571

PS: Uninstalling was not possible with java - windowsinstaller. But with fixit-Tool (MicrosoftFixit.ProgramInstallUninstall.Run.exe) from Microsoft registry could be repaired and it was possible at least to uninstall it more or less correctly.

Edited by: 989900 on 23 févr. 2013 00:43
  • 2. Re: de- and new installation of Java no longer possible
    gimbal2 Guru
    JavaRa is a tool specifically built to help install, uninstall and cleanup Java installations, broken or otherwise. There is also this online microsoft service:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/

People have had success with one of the two, but unfortunately not everyone is so lucky.
  • 3. Re: de- and new installation of Java no longer possible
    992903 Newbie
    Hello,

I agree: RAJava is not really effective. I deleted everything manually after uninstalling normally or by Ms fixit.

I observed that DEP service from windows does not allow the windowsInstaller on my system (JRE).
    Or Windows DEP says that the certificate of java_sp.dll is not valid (VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009 -2 - CA (jdk) for jdk.

I have two systems: Everythings works on my second (younger one) but nothing on my older one.

Any idea what to do??

Thanks

Thommy
  • 4. Re: de- and new installation of Java no longer possible
    gimbal2 Guru
    Your windows installation is pretty messed up, if it were me I'd have put back a clean image long ago.

For what purpose do you need Java? If it is for development purposes you can always copy over a JDK installation from your other machine, bypassing the installer. You'll lack browser plugins and you'll have to bind javaw to the jar type yourself if you want to run executable jars by double clicking them, but at least you'll be able to do your programming.

If it is for end-user purposes, I'm sorry to say this is not a tech support site, these (Java) forums are aimed at programming. Besides: it is pretty much impossible to diagnose system crud without access to it.
  • 5. Re: de- and new installation of Java no longer possible
    992903 Newbie
    Hello,

thanks, perhaps I should indeed put my oldest image, but how can I be sure to prevent it from the same problem??

what do you mean from taking the installation of the other system, how can I use java without installing ?

It is actually for programming, but where should I ask for installation questions of java using windows if not in a forum of java??
    (or microsoft what I already did without result).

Thanks

Thommy
  • 6. Re: de- and new installation of Java no longer possible
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    It is actually for programming, but where should I ask for installation questions of java using windows if not in a forum of java??
    Not here.
    That is deliberate.

You could try the forums at java.net or you could read all the `Help` resources at java.com, or you could try any of hundreds of forums that have topics related to Microsoft's various OS offerings.
  • 7. Re: de- and new installation of Java no longer possible
    strix-Oracle Journeyer
    Is there any OTN forum which can answer such end-user questions related to Java?
    It has not been the first and surely will not be the last customer having this question.
    KR,
    Regine
  • 8. Re: de- and new installation of Java no longer possible
    gimbal2 Guru
    user10205280 wrote:
    Is there any OTN forum which can answer such end-user questions related to Java?
    Its more the domain of generic OS related forums. For example questions regarding Java on Linux tend to be asked and answered in forums for specific Linux distributions. You have to look for a place where people intimately familiar with your particular environment gather.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points