This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 2:44 PM by Joe Upshaw RSS

How can I do change File Character when I export application (4.2.1.00.08)

andremaniezo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
Please, help me!

I need to change "File Character" when I export application with Apex 4.2.1.00.08 version, but this option, is not possible. The ComboBox already select with
"Unicode UTF-8]', but I need "ISO-8859-1 - Europa Ocidental", how can I do change it?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: How can I do change File Character when I export application (4.2.1.00.08)
    Joe Upshaw Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Please register for a "real" user account rather than the anonymous user7266483.

You can not change it on the export...this is simply set to whatever is in effect in the DB.

However, it is totally unnecessary to change it on export. If the database into which you need to import the exported application is "ISO-8859-1 - Europa Ocidental", at the time you begin to import, it will default to "ISO-8859-1 - Europa Ocidental". You need to change this to the character set under which it was exported. In this case, it was "Unicode UTF-8".

It does not matter that you export and import in the same character set. It only matters that you correctly set the import to match how it was exported.

-Joe

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points