In Thread: The 7U11 plugin for Mozilla applications, Searching to understand failures posted 01/21/2012
I noticed that the behavior of javacpl when 64 and 32 bits version of jre were installed seems a little erratic. With 0_13 it is different because the javacpl of 64 bits holds both versions and the registry entries (particularly the Mozilla plugin) are updated. It remains one problem : the path value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@java.com/JavaPlugin,version=10.13.2 is not updated when a special dir is chosen (remain set to default, not updated by javacpl parameters).
to install I naturally create to branches the "program/java" for 64 bits with subdir for versions of jre named "jre1.7.0_13" for example and for 32 bits "jre1.7.0_13-x86"
so the for 32bits path to mozilla plugin should become :
- (example) C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.7.0_13-x86\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll
- while after setting it with javacpl.exe I got : C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll which is pointing nowhere
in another way the key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MozillaPlugins\@java.com/
is not upgraded after setup with javacpl.exe (64) which point activated the new installations, I still remains in 1.7.0_11 ...
This even Mozilla finds and updates the plugin (from registry key, seems not normal ), Mozilla remain to point to 1.7.0_11 plugin which seems another problem
I don't understand.
Do you have any answer ?
This a, important complements :
- When installation is done with JRE or JDK (.exe) files the quite good upgrades are done, the registered (registery keys) is the last installed.
- When the installation is manual for JRE from tar.gz nothing happens when the setup (activation, unactivation, search and activate) is done from javacpl even "apply" command is launched.
- When both 64 and 32 bits are installed, they ignore at each other javacpl.exe 32 and 64 and when loaded in task bar they get the same name. So it is impossible to know what we are doing (with lnk we can change the lnk name, but this don't changes "description which generates the tip of the icon"