2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 10:36 AM by 879338 RSS

ADF Mobile with 11.1.1.6

I am new to ADF mobile and I have some questions regarding this.

I have Jdev 11.1.1.6. I want to develop a mobile application but when I try to search for a document on ADF Mobile, I found that I need to install an 'ADF Mobile' extension, which is available after 11.1.2.3.39.62.76

Is there no way I can develop mobile application using ADF using jdev 11.1.1.6?

We already have ADF web application (viewcontroller and model projects). Now we want to build a mobile application. I have following doubts
      1. Can I use same model project as it is? Most of model logic is same.
      2. Mobile UI is a bit different but still few taskflows can be reused. Can I mix adf ui pages in same viewcontroller project and use this project to have WebUI as well as mobile UI. What is best practice?

Thanks
      Sanjeev
        • 1. Re: ADF Mobile with 11.1.1.6
          Timo Hahn
          ADF Mobils is only availabe for the 11.1.2.3.0 JDev. So you can't develop mobile using 11.1.1.6.0.
          The other question are covers by the FAQ for ADF mobile...
          1) yes and no. You have to use a web service interface (SOAP or REST) to access data fro mthe server
          2) no I guess that's not possible right now. The UI is different in normal ADF applications. You should be able to use two different projects to separate the different technologies

Timo
          • 2. Re: ADF Mobile with 11.1.1.6
            Thank you Timo, for your explanation.

Thanks
            Sanjeev.